Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I was away overnight, and in that time period, I introduced my dad to The Book of Souls and Buckethead's Bermuda Triangle, then bought The Sound of Perseverance and Carolus Rex, and listened to the latter with my dad as well. He enjoyed all three albums, and I'm about to enjoy TSOP momentarily.

When I was little and Maiden's Number of the Beast music video was playing on TV, my dad said something along the lines of "this is the pinnacle of heavy metal". I started listening to Maiden a couple of years later.

That is quite a lot for your dad to take in! Was he into rock/metal to begin with?
He's more of a Led Zeppelin, Rush, classic rock kind of person with a wide range on the more mellow side, but when it comes to metal he does think Maiden and such are fairly decent, and occasionally (like what we just did) he'll check out some of my stuff.

My mom though... ABBA is where our tastes begin and end.

The other day I was playing music for my grand-daughter. (she is 8 months old) I said, "I'm now going to play for you music by the best non-Maiden band in the world."
My daughter was a room over and yelled, "Are you going to play her Queen?? She needs to know Freddie!"
...I was going to play Rush, but I feel I raised my daughter well.

It's -38 degrees here. It's colder in Ottawa than any other national capital - including Nuuk and Ulaanbaatar and Moscow. It's colder in Ottawa than it is at CFS Alert, the northernmost permanently inhabited place in the world at 82 degrees.

Christ.

Where is 'here'?

*edit* sorry Ottawa just read properly!

Looks like bit of a puff going over there...

1228_jet-pattern.png

It's -38 degrees here. It's colder in Ottawa than any other national capital - including Nuuk and Ulaanbaatar and Moscow. It's colder in Ottawa than it is at CFS Alert, the northernmost permanently inhabited place in the world at 82 degrees.

Christ.
I always wondered how it feels to be out when it's that cold, the most I can remember going out in is -25°C.

It is -13C here (Iowa) today-- it was slightly colder yesterday. I think it was closer to -23.

Nothing like what Loosey has to contend with.

Back