Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Taking into account all the evidence that has so far been provided, and is being provided at the present, concerning the intention, phrasing, meaning and all the content expressed within, both verbal and non-verbal, with non-verbal information including, but not limited to, what is colloquially but sometimes inaccurately, referred to as 'reading between the lines' - whichever way this is expected to be put into practice - and is generally without falsifiable evidence, I have no alternative but to conclude that the sentence you are currently reading, intentionally or unintentionally, although it would be very difficult to conceive a scenario in which such a sentence is being read unintentionally (barring use of force from a third party, unlikely and certainly without intellectual merit - or any other merit, except for perhaps psychologically motivated and commonly held to be despicable forms of motivation, such as sadism, for that matter - and therefore not to be taken as empirical evidence), is not only needlessly complicated and should have been broken down into shorter sentences, although this may or may not do harm to precision, but is also completely pointless.

Taking into account all the evidence that has so far been provided, and is being provided at the present, concerning the intention, phrasing, meaning and all the content expressed within, both verbal and non-verbal, with non-verbal information including, but not limited to, what is colloquially but sometimes inaccurately, referred to as 'reading between the lines' - whichever way this is expected to be put into practice - and is generally without falsifiable evidence, I have no alternative but to conclude that the sentence you are currently reading, intentionally or unintentionally, although it would be very difficult to conceive a scenario in which such a sentence is being read unintentionally (barring use of force from a third party, unlikely and certainly without intellectual merit - or any other merit, except for perhaps psychologically motivated and commonly held to be despicable forms of motivation, such as sadism, for that matter - and therefore not to be taken as empirical evidence), is not only needlessly complicated and should have been broken down into shorter sentences, although this may or may not do harm to precision, but is also completely pointless.

Yes.

I have never read a sentence as pointless as this one. Congratulations!

@SixesAlltheway

If you had to name the top 3 bands that influenced the thrash metal movement, what would they be? I love bands like Venom, Satan, and Savage that really pushed the boundaries of what heavy metal could be without actually verging off into thrash metal territory. It's like a proto-thrash sound, atleast that's what I refer to it as. I love that style of metal.

Heading to London with the family for Christmas (Dec. 22-29) in a couple of weeks. Other than the obvious tourist stuff, can any of the Brits give me some local knowledge re cool, off-the-beaten-path things to do while I'm there? It's my first non-business trip to London. Any tips would be greatly welcome and appreciated!

How old are your kids? I can point you in the direction of the best metal bars.

Other than that, what sort of thing might you be interested in?

I think this qualifies for post of the year!

How old are your kids? I can point you in the direction of the best metal bars.

Other than that, what sort of thing might you be interested in?
Kids are 11 and 9, but I would still be interested in metal bars! Nothing too agro--I like the old-school stuff, with melodies--if different bars have different vibes. (You know, like Maiden...). Along the same lines, would be grateful for any suggestions of cool places to eat/drink (or shop, for the ladies) that aren't touristy, i.e., the places that locals like to go. Thanks!!

Vacation has started, time for the beers. Finished everything I needed to do for the year, so barring an unforeseen crisis, I hope not to cross the threshold of my office until 2016!

Last edited:
Kids are 11 and 9, but I would still be interested in metal bars! Nothing too agro--I like the old-school stuff, with melodies--if different bars have different vibes. (You know, like Maiden...). Along the same lines, would be grateful for any suggestions of cool places to eat/drink (or shop, for the ladies) that aren't touristy, i.e., the places that locals like to go. Thanks!!

Vacation has started, time for the beers. Finished everything I needed to do for the year, so barring an unforeseen crisis, I hope not to cross the threshold of my office until 2016!

The Ruskin Arms is dead afraid.

The best metal bars are:

Black heart ( Camden )
The Dev (Camden)
Big Red (Holloway Road)

If I can be bothered I'll suggest some none tourist, but it'll be terribly dull.

@SixesAlltheway

If you had to name the top 3 bands that influenced the thrash metal movement, what would they be? I love bands like Venom, Satan, and Savage that really pushed the boundaries of what heavy metal could be without actually verging off into thrash metal territory. It's like a proto-thrash sound, atleast that's what I refer to it as. I love that style of metal.

That's a tough one. But next to the bands you mention I'd probably add Motörhead to the list too. Those late 70's albums "Bomber", "Overkill" and "Ace of Spades" from 1980 too, were really furious and gritty for their time and very influential. Also they had that punk rock attitude and the style to match with bullet belts and leather vests with studs etc, which thrash metal bands would also incorporate.

I think you also need to look at some of the hardcore punk bands around at the time in the UK and the US. The very early and or first albums from Discharge, The Exploited, D.R.I etc....

Back