Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

@Per, sounds like the German gov't basically said to you: "Ve haf vays of making you talk English"?
Today is my one year anny at my job!  I'm gonna celebrate by paying my house payment!!  :shred:

Good news for me personally: Got an email today from ABB in Oslo, they are offering me a position from September  :yey:

Bad news for Norway: Seemingly a bomb has gone off in central Oslo, outside the government building. Extent of damage is not yet known, but people are being evacuated in case of another explosion. Bloody hell, what's going on?

Perun said:
It's worse. It looks like I have to pay 240 Euros so that I can take a test and some German tells me I can speak English. That's absolutely ridiculous! I'm almost taking this as a personal insult.

How are you for the cash, man? I'm down for a few bucks if you need it, I know times haven't been the best for you.

Eddies Wingman said:
Bad news for Norway: Seemingly a bomb has gone off in central Oslo, outside the government building. Extent of damage is not yet known, but people are being evacuated in case of another explosion. Bloody hell, what's going on?

Well, from what I understand, a bomb has gone off. I hope nobody was killed...BBC is reporting 8 people injured, including possibly, the Prime Minister.

No, it is confirmed that the Prime Minister is in safety. It has also been confirmed that it was a bomb, and the police fear that there are more than one. What the fuck?

No clue at all, there have been no recent threats. There are always some who are unhappy about our involvement in Afghanistan, of course, but this came out of the blue. However, after the attack in Stockholm I was to a certain extent expecting something like this. If there is a group behind it it's probably some extreme Islamists, I don't know of any political groups that would be interested.

I just hope those who did it are arrested quickly, otherwise there will certainly be some unhealthy paranoia in the population. If Norway hadn't lost its innocence before, it happened today.

Well, at least you won't get a shitty Iced Earth song about it.

No, I suppose it probably is extreme Islamists. Amazing how those guys are rewriting the rules.

LooseCannon said:
How are you for the cash, man? I'm down for a few bucks if you need it, I know times haven't been the best for you.

I appreciate the offer mate, but my parents are probably going to jump in if it's going down to that. What bothers me it that things are very chaotic for me right now. Quite honestly, I don't know where I will be (geographically, and career-wise) in two months.

As far as the Oslo bombing, I'm starting a new thread in General Discussion.

LooseCannon said:
Well, at least you won't get a shitty Iced Earth song about it.

Thank God for that ...

LooseCannon said:
No, I suppose it probably is extreme Islamists. Amazing how those guys are rewriting the rules.

At least, I don't know of anyone else who have spoken out against Norway in any way the last few years.

Now it is also confirmed that several people have been killed ... and there are rumours that three people have been arrested.

Yeah. And we hopefully find out who is behind this. Dammit, I am sad to hear people were killed.

Perun said:
I appreciate the offer mate, but my parents are probably going to jump in if it's going down to that. What bothers me it that things are very chaotic for me right now. Quite honestly, I don't know where I will be (geographically, and career-wise) in two months.

If you ever find yourself in the Midwestern USA, I can find you a spare bed.

Back