Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

It is painful, no doubt, but that is why is so touchy. I have done it a couple of times and each one was a success.
And I never mentioned that fact, which makes it all the more powerful I think. Of course they know where you live and if you came in the middle of nowhere to shake their hands and disappear it's obviously for them.

They don't justify business class tickets for such a long way?
Start up. But I have top status and a ton of upgrade vouchers. Otherwise it is premium economy.

Then it's difficult. For us it was business class for more than 6 hours, but now they changed it and give you an annual budget and you do whatever you like as long as you stay in the budget. First option was way much better, only hard thing was to secure line manager's approval which for me it was a piece of cake.
Now you need to plan your trips in advance, your hotels and all and you ask way less. But I was practically not asking, so that it a hard hit for me.

I am actually okay with Premium Economy...it is essential what business class was pre-lay flat seats and the fact I can book my own flights to avoid LHR as much as possible

I enjoy all FW eras, I was devotedly following the band up from No Exit until Parallels and anything I’ve listened post Parallels is top tier.
Being a huge Warlord & Mark Zonder fan also helped to discover Fates Warning.

Arch was Warning’s equivalent of Matt Barlow, nothing was the same after he left, but unlike Earth, Fates Warning music has evolved so much since then.

I enjoy all FW eras, I was devotedly following the band up from No Exit until Parallels and anything I’ve listened post Parallels is top tier.
Being a huge Warlord & Mark Zonder fan also helped to discover Fates Warning.

Arch was Warning’s equivalent of Matt Barlow, nothing was the same after he left, but unlike Earth, Fates Warning music has evolved so much since then.
I discovered them in the early 90´s after reading Oor music encyclopedia. I bought the first 4 albums (on 2 midpriced double albums) and was impressed! Found Parallels in the salesbin of the record store and that was even better. Still one of my favourite albums ever.

Last edited:
A Pleasant Shade of Grey is a stellar album, as are the ones that came after (aka all the Joey Vera albums lol). I have to revisit the newer ones, but I recall Darkness In a Different Light and Theories of Flight as being awesome.

I don’t care for John Arch at all, so I’m strictly a fan of the Ray Alder albums (even if they don’t always reach the memorable heights I wish the could).

I accidentally posted a photo in my Facebook story today (never used that feature before) and a friend luckily pointed it out so I could remove it. It was an innocent photo that I’d made to send my brother but had accidentally clicked somewhere without even noticing. What if it had been something inappropriate, like a dick pic? I often think how damn easy it is to slip in online environments. One false click, it’s as simple as swiping instead of tapping your phone screen, and suddenly everything you have is posted online for the world to see. Fucked up, I think.

I mean, that happened to Chris Evans once, and he just laughed about it. Half the world has a penis. I'd be more worried about some sort of confidential information being posted.

Back