Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Explaining mammoths to kids in the museum.

Kid: "I have a question, but I think it's a stupid question."
Me: "There's no such thing as a stupid question.
Kid: "Okay, so mammoths are like elephants right, and they soak up water with their trunks and fill it in their mouths, right, and the trunk is like the nose of an elephant. So does the water taste like snot?"
Me: "Uuuuuuhhhh...."

@Magnus, any opinions?

Explaining mammoths to kids in the museum.

Kid: "I have a question, but I think it's a stupid question."
Me: "There's no such thing as a stupid question.
Kid: "Okay, so mammoths are like elephants right, and they soak up water with their trunks and fill it in their mouths, right, and the trunk is like the nose of an elephant. So does the water taste like snot?"
Me: "Uuuuuuhhhh...."

@Magnus, any opinions?
Great question Per, kudos to the kid who asked it.
The amount of mucus in a healthy elephant's trunk should not significantly influence the taste of water (for the elephant, and considering the kind of water elephants drink in the wild, snot might be the least problem).
Mammoths, with their generally drier environment compared to those of recent elephants, might have more snot in their trunks, and with - presumably - purer water to start with, taste might have been marginally stronger.
I doubt any elephant (or mammoth) feels (or used to feel) it, but drinking water from a trunk might be an acquired taste.

I doubt any elephant (or mammoth) feels (or used to feel) it, but drinking water from a trunk might be an acquired taste.

In fact, that was close to the answer I ended up giving: They don't know it any other way.

In fact, that was close to the answer I ended up giving: They don't know it any other way.
Except, perhaps, from early childhood memories, when baby elephants can't control their trunks yet. Plus some adults sometimes drink water directly. But yeah, good answer.

Great question Per,

I don’t think altered version of names qualify for Bold, except if universally used and indisputably recognized.

For example, take the Greek name Giorgos, shorten of Georgios. There’s virtually no way anybody refer to you with anything else than Giorgos yet everyone knows that the passport version of your name is Georgios. Thus Giorgos could be a bold. But then if someone calls you Gio or Yio then it shouldn’t.

I don’t think altered version of names qualify for Bold, except if universally used and indisputably recognized.

For example, take the Greek name Giorgos, shorten of Georgios. There’s virtually no way anybody refer to you with anything else than Giorgos yet everyone knows that the passport version of your name is Georgios. Thus Giorgos could be a bold. But then if someone calls you Gio or Yio then it shouldn’t.
I'm following Cried's school of thought here, and that's incontestable.

10 days for the Marathon. It was a great 6 months I've lost exactly 6 sessions during those 6 months and it was super rewarding; but I'm also looking fwd for this to end.

:dancinggeek:

10 days for the Marathon. It was a great 6 months I've lost exactly 6 sessions during those 6 months and it was super rewarding; but I'm also looking fwd for this to end.

:dancinggeek:
You´re hoping to finish at place 666?:D
Joking apart, I hope you have a good chrono and a great time. Enjoy it!

Back