Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I am travelling in a slow train as we speak. No joke, it's the first time ever that I am travelling in a slow train here, I was so used to the high speed ones, that I thought they were the normal and the so famous high speed trains something that I would never experience :D

Anyway, very refreshing; internet is working without interruptions, faces are different :)

The relative lack of content filters on X’s Grok 2 is refreshing…

flux911_grok.jpg

-900-0-1723723553x1723723373-trumpfake-591.jfif

Not true then, I take it.
Not universally true: put it that way. A cynical person might suggest that it depends on what part of the country is being considered, or which neighbourhoods you frequent ... :D

At a LARP event I should think it's true enough: otherwise, as you say, fairly random. My best guess is that it was originally about something very specific, but as it got passed around the original context was lost.

Thought about starting a thread all things nerdy, but realized a lot of said topics already have a thread of their own so I'll share this here. To deal with my mid-life crisis, I bought myself a Lego worth as much as my rent lol. Here is the end product:

1724353452278.jpeg

Just descended from the acropolis in Athens. I know it's a tourist trap and all that, but I wanted to see it all my life, and I can't put into words how amazing it was.

Also it’s amazing when you live there and you can see it from various spots from inside the city during your everyday activities.

It’s like a soul lighthouse!

To deal with my mid-life crisis, I bought myself a Lego worth as much as my rent

It's an older set, but over here it cost £75 new back in 2016, current value is apparently around £100. Where do you live where your rent is that low and can I move there too?

Also, LEGO isn't a midlife crisis purchase, it's great :lol:

It's an older set, but over here it cost £75 new back in 2016, current value is apparently around £100. Where do you live where your rent is that low and can I move there too?

Also, LEGO isn't a midlife crisis purchase, it's great :lol:
Exactly! Just watched a video on Youtube on how LEGO got so insanely expensive and apparently it's all my generation's fault. Since we grew up with it, now we buy it as adults, but now we are considered "collectors" and I guess that makes us millionaires :rolleyes:. I moved back to Mexico 7 years ago. Now I get to hear people complain about all the Canadians, U.S Citizens and the occasional European that has "gentrified" our country making it too expensive for the locals.

Back