Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well we will find out. I probably need to get going on my other projects though. I thought taking a month off would be enough but I am already going batshit.

4a7fdati4r171.jpg

I’m just in awe that he can stay so long in head voice while sounding so crisp and clean.

That's awesomeness by analysis, though. I agree, technically speaking, the performance is great. But every time I forget myself and pay the vocal track a slightly bigger attention, I can't help but find it silly, ridiculous even.

That's awesomeness by analysis, though. I agree, technically speaking, the performance is great. But every time I forget myself and pay the vocal track a slightly bigger attention, I can't help but find it silly, ridiculous even.
I guess it just depends on what people like in music. I think Halford is one of those singers with a strong head voice that works really well. So I enjoy “Painkiller” a lot. If it was Ripper there would be no way in hell.

I guess it just depends on what people like in music. I think Halford is one of those singers with a strong head voice that works really well. So I enjoy “Painkiller” a lot. If it was Ripper there would be no way in hell.
I'd give anything to hear one more Priest song with those type of vocals.

You can say that it's a strong head voice but the voice is not strong enough to match the other instruments. Painkiller sounds weird live.

Studio magic album, funny how metalheads who are all about live are loving it.

I’ve yet to see a good argument for why ‘studio magic’ is a bad thing. Many of my favorite albums are full of ‘studio magic’

Back