Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

On reddit frontpage about "underrated ways of" improving your apperanace, top rated comment and top rated reply to it. 7000 and 2000 upvotes.

Posture. It takes discipline to work those muscles but when you stand/sit/walk better it shows

Workout your back muscles/abs and it drastically improves posture. I recommend deadlifts

Jesus Chist internet is stupid as fuck.

@Perun and anyone else who knows, I have a German question.

So I was discussing the German letter ß with my mom and the 1996 orthography reform came up, given that it changed the usage of the letter. My mom seems to recall that at that point it was established that ß would no longer be taught in schools, and only 'ss' used instead. I can find nothing on this. All I can see is that it's still very much a letter in the German alphabet, to the point that the capital was even introduced.

My question is - is she misremembering this? Or is Eszett really no longer taught in schools nowadays?

It's complicated. The 1996 orthography reform was quite extreme and there was a push to get rid of ß. Several words are now written with ss, such as "dass". However, a lot of new rules were taken back later because people got quite riled up about it.
I think it's now the rule that if is used after long vowels (Straße, groß).
Add to that that some more conservative media still use the old orthography out of protest, and you just have a clusterfuck now.

It's complicated. The 1996 orthography reform was quite extreme and there was a push to get rid of ß. Several words are now written with ss, such as "dass". However, a lot of new rules were taken back later because people got quite riled up about it.
Add to that that some more conservative media still use the old orthography out of protest, and you just have a clusterfuck now.
As in,
1621723026938.png?

So yes but actually no? Or no but actually yes? :p Thanks for the response, it helps in spite of the confusion lol.

Also on a personal note, I love the zaniness of allowing three letters in a row now in compound nouns. It's aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

Judas The Agitator,
Stuck in an elevator
And he´s screaming very loud
Judas The Agitator
With shoes made of alligator
He kicks them wild and shout
Judas The Agitator
Was seen a bit later
So apparently he got out

...but still, in matters vegetable, animal and mineral
he is the very model of a modern Major-General.

Back