Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Went to Santa Fe and Taos NM over the long weekend. Almost back to a normal vacation (minimal mask requirements). Law in NM seems to be if you are vaccinated, no mask required, but some individual stores (moreso in Taos than Santa Fe) required them. Skipped a few of them, was sucking wind a bit after a lot of walking ... not being used to the altitude (7200 feet versus 600 feet at home)

Anti-Canadian slanderers, the lot of you. See if we come to your rescue next time you're besieged by continental forces.

So I ran out of blood pressure medication, and it's been a runaround trying to get more (I started the process more than a week before my rx ran out). I rationed the remainder for an extra week to get through the mandatory doctor's appointment. I am now on day 6 without them, and I guess my body has flushed all the residual meds. So not only am I feeling very poorly, I am also feeling some weird symptoms.

Notably, my eyeballs are hot. I feel greater warmth than normal whenever I blink.

This is very disconcerting.

Anti-Canadian slanderers, the lot of you. See if we come to your rescue next time you're besieged by continental forces.

So I ran out of blood pressure medication, and it's been a runaround trying to get more (I started the process more than a week before my rx ran out). I rationed the remainder for an extra week to get through the mandatory doctor's appointment. I am now on day 6 without them, and I guess my body has flushed all the residual meds. So not only am I feeling very poorly, I am also feeling some weird symptoms.

Notably, my eyeballs are hot. I feel greater warmth than normal whenever I blink.

Crappy ... hope you get to the doctor soon and start feeling better

I've got used to this happening when I'm ill - it's the most noticeable sign I have a high temperature and I find it the worst thing about it. I didn't know it could also be associated with high blood pressure :confused:

Hey, don't worry. Didn't you give the world Ted Cruz and Alanis Morissette? See there? No need to worry about the prestige of Canada.

I like the way you've used Alanis Morisette there, there's a word for that, I just can't think of what it is...

You're just being jealous of when Austria-Hungary participated in the 1913 European Bandy Championships you bloody monarchist.

Nah, as a true reactionary monarchist I want to see people competing in jousting. Ice hockey won't help you train for reclaiming the Holy Land from the hands of the Saracens.

(Neither will jousting, but at least it's the same body position and the same method of transport)

Back