Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

My grandpa is in the hospital. I don't know how things are progressing as dad is with him in the hospital and I'm home, and phone signal is bad at the hospital, but he was doing pretty badly before they took him to the hospital. Rest in spoilers for squeamish people (like myself, ironically).

Low blood pressure, low body temperature, fell, had a head wound, vomited blood all over, had a nosebleed when they were taking him away. And he's 87.
All the best to your grandpa.

I'm starting to think my taste in music is cyclical. I go from liking soft stuff to liking heavy stuff and then looping back over a period of around two months.
Speaking of which, it looped around just a few days ago - I went from Gojira to The Beatles and King Crimson, and I think Rush comes up next. Then it'll probably be hard rock, 70's and 80's heavy metal, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, and death metal again. Of course, I could be completely wrong about this.

I'm starting to think my taste in music is cyclical. I go from liking soft stuff to liking heavy stuff and then looping back over a period of around two months.
Speaking of which, it looped around just a few days ago - I went from Gojira to The Beatles and King Crimson, and I think Rush comes up next. Then it'll probably be hard rock, 70's and 80's heavy metal, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, and death metal again. Of course, I could be completely wrong about this.
I know what you're talking about. Listening to death metal, and suddenly the worm wants to hear Symphony X instead. I mean, you have all those kinds of music you like, you need to make space for them somehow...

Sounds very familiar.

He's gone.

All things considered, he had a pretty good life, lived until 86, outlived grandma by 8 years. They were very close, but he pulled through after her death against all odds. Learned how to use a laptop and smartphones at 80 years old, went to cinemas, theatres, traveled to other countries. Grandma was a housewife so she cooked everything always, cleaned the apartment and everything but grandpa pretty much shadowed her and learned how to cook almost the same. So when she died it was a seamless transition into being a househusband for him :D Always looked at new YouTube recipes. Grandpa's "meme" in the family was his favorite YouTuber which was some Chinese kid cooking with just a machete and chopsticks. And he watched some Doctor Paul the veterinarian almost religiously every night on Nat Geo. Lockdown slowed him down, he couldn't go out much, but I don't think that was the cause of death; it was something internal which couldn't be detected.

Also, don't wanna derail the thread too much with condolences and stuff (I appreciate you all a lot and you know it <3), so maybe share some happy memories of your grandparents instead.

Back