Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I've seen some card machines in San Francisco which accept contactless payment. o_O Is the United States slowly moving into the 21st century?
This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

So for a while now I’ve been researching / studying / spending my free time mucking about with languages and letters and whatnot. One of the coolest things I’ve found is the set of ocular O’s once used in Old Church Slavonic, my favorite of which is the multiocular O, the rarest ‘letter’ in Cyrillic because it was only ever used in the phrase “many-eyed seraphim”.

The ocular O’s in general were only used in the word that translates to “eye” (and its other forms) in English. This is all new info to me but do any others here know about them? We’re they just stylistic, “æsthetic” ways to bring to life the noun, sort of like dotting I’s in love letters with hearts, or is there a bigger backstory here that the internet won’t let me find?

^It was a tongue-in-cheek Megalobulgaropatriotic comment.
Yet, Church Slavonic is basically Russified Old Bulgarian. When Russians discovered philology, they named the previous stage of Church Slavonic (minus Russian elements) Old Church Slavonic. Which is actually Old Bulgarian.
Yet again, I'm a palaeontologist working on fossil elephants, and even though fil does mean elephant, that doesn't make me a philologist.

^It was a tongue-in-cheek Megalobulgaropatriotic comment.
Yet, Church Slavonic is basically Russified Old Bulgarian. When Russians discovered philology, they named the previous stage of Church Slavonic (minus Russian elements) Old Church Slavonic. Which is actually Old Bulgarian.
Yet again, I'm a palaeontologist working on fossil elephants, and even though fil does mean elephant, that doesn't make me a philologist.
Oh, lol. Yeah text always seems to hide the inner joke.

Back