Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I used to run as well, but that's a long time ago. I didn't mind running in the cold weather/dark winter times though. Running in the summer was worse for me.
I prefer the warmer weather as I struggle to motivate myself in winter to go outside again in the evening wearing less clothes than my way to/from work.

I prefer the warmer weather as I struggle to motivate myself in winter to go outside again in the evening wearing less clothes than my way to/from work.

Winter time can be hard on the motivation. On the other hand, running empty dark roads in the winter evenings can also be very nice and add an extra dimension to the runs. I'm quick to get warm when I run so usually all the extra warm gear I've got on I'll just remove as I'm running if needed in the winter and it's easier to adjust to my own body temperature..However running in the summer would just be killing me :D

Yeah, it's that age old; burn more calories than you consume. And people are often surprised at how many calories are actually in the food they eat.
I've made some dietary changes as well, but I think activity is key for me. I'm big enough that just walking kills calories pretty aggressively. When I plateau, I'll decide if other things need to change.

I've made some dietary changes as well, but I think activity is key for me. I'm big enough that just walking kills calories pretty aggressively. When I plateau, I'll decide if other things need to change.

Those are some great first steps I think. The more you're active, the more you'll also start thinking about your food choices because you know that your activity won't matter if you just go home and eat. So those two things stay together.

Good evening to Maidenfans in Australia and other countries in the eastern time zones :cool:

Do we currently have any members from other countries in that part of the world, besides Australia?

Good evening to Maidenfans in Australia and other countries in the eastern time zones :cool:

Do we currently have any members from other countries in that part of the world, besides Australia?

We used to have a guy from Malaysia. Thanks to him, all of Malaysia got banned on this board.

SRyMh.jpg

Back