Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

"To stop a bad guy with a gun, it takes a good guy with a gun."

:puke:

It tells of a deeply sick culture, when
  • The default response to gun violence is "we need more guns", and
  • A common response to "we need stricter control" is "you're not going to take our guns away".
I mean, where else in the world are people even remotely considering arming ground school teachers? The kids have lost their freedom, indeed.

In other news. I forgot what I actually was going to post.

:puke:

It tells of a deeply sick culture, when
  • The default response to gun violence is "we need more guns", and
  • A common response to "we need stricter control" is "you're not going to take our guns away".
I mean, where else in the world are people even remotely considering arming ground school teachers? The kids have lost their freedom, indeed.

In other news. I forgot what I actually was going to post.
If someone broke into my home with a gun, I sure as hell would want one as well to protect myself.

I think more about the culture as a whole - where many people feel they need guns to be safe in their everyday life, and where organizations who feed that fear have great influence on politicians. I'm not saying that there's something wrong with an individual's desire to protect himself/herself, but Americans should ask themselves why the need for guns for self-defense is apparently so much greater in the USA than in any other western country (bar Mexico, perhaps). There are more guns per capita in other countries, but mainly for hunting and sports shooting.

EV100! EV100! EV100! EV100! EV100! EV100! EV100! EV100!EV100! EV100! EV100! EV100!EV100! EV100! EV100! EV100!EV100! EV100! EV100! EV100! :clap::applause::yey::ok::scared::okok::nana:

eesti_lipp_pika_hermanni_tornis.jpg

Yes, the Restoration of the Republic of Estonia took place on August 20th, 1991. Thus, both February 24th and August 20th are celebrated. But I'd say the emphasis is on the former.

Back