Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

No ads no Spotify. I go fed up of ads between every song on full albums on YT and sometimes in the middle of songs. Fuck that.
And with YT on my phone, I have to stay on the page or the video stops ie no music and innapropriate browsing at the same time.

Spotify has playlists based on your listening habits. The Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists make it a lot easier for me to find new music.

So does Spotify have a social media component?

To a degree .. for example you can create and share playlists.

I have had and paid for Spotify for a few years now and I really like it ... downloading the music is great for when you will be in a no internet area (like a plane) or a drive in the middle of nowhere and as others have mentioned I have found some bands that I now really like on Spotify through Discover and "bands similar to" whatever I was listening to.

Most new music is put up the day it is released, which is a good preview for bands I am a bit iffy on and am deciding if I actually want to purchase the album.

this thread has become very big since i was last here!!
i also see many many new names who have joined the ranks of fans here. I am not on spotify.

vq7le23lE49Gp8uN4dSCsQMzvKWqxYcx7MGnjC_oRtI.png

Back