Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Today is Black Thursday. We lost 14-2 in the corporate league tonight. But I have the excuses ready:

- We could only mobilize 5 players, which means we could play the game (it is five-a-side, after all) but had no substitutes.
- Only two of us play regularly. One had not played a game in two years.
- None of our best players could play
- The one player we have who is an actual goalkeeper, is still not fully recovered from knee surgery and didn't play tonight.

I'm happy with my own effort as goalkeeper though. I took over as goalkeeper with the scoreline at 12-2 and one fourth of the game remaining, and only conceded two (one from a penalty I created myself, though :blush:

Not the best game for our team captain to bring his girlfriend along to watch, that's for sure.

No, handball goal size. I would look completely lost in a full sized goal. As you know, I'm no Schmeichel (or Thorstvedt, if you remember him. Not as good as Schmeichel, but of similar stature) physically. I come a bit closer verbally :D

With you in goal and me at centre-back, the Maidenfans football team will conquer the Champions League.

I'd never heard of Thorstvedt, but he looks like a big guy.

Thorstvedt was goalkeeper for Norway in the early 90s and won the FA Cup with Spurs in 91.

The team would need a Spielführer. @Perun could command the centre circle, keeping the opposition's midfielders busy with talks on ancient languages of central Asia. Do we currently have any Brazilians on the forum who could bring some Latin American flair and passion?

Back