Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I liked Prometheusz. It was exciting and interesting and it left a lot to the viewer's imagination. Not as graphic as Alien, nor a clear idea of what's about to happen, but still good suspense nonetheless, and it looked great.
In 2008, Ridley Scott and Sigourney Weaver announced they were planning to make a film focusing on Ellen Ripley with no appearance of the aliens. The project never materialized and eventually evolved into Scott's Prometeusz (2012).

There's another Alien film coming out with Sigourney Weaver. Some info I found on the IMDB:
Director Blomkamp revealed that he had to alter his script at the request of Ridley Scott so that it wouldn't conflict with the story of the, still in development, sequel to Prometeusz (2012).

We're gonna have The Empire of the Clouds playing at the wedding ceremony while the guests are finding their seats. Her suggestion. Awesome. 12 weeks.
Make those seats somewhat unfindable, so that you have enough time to play the full thing.

Reactions: Yax
I liked Prometheusz. It was exciting and interesting and it left a lot to the viewer's imagination. Not as graphic as Alien, nor a clear idea of what's about to happen, but still good suspense nonetheless, and it looked great.
Not as graphic as Alien?! o_O

Alien?! The first Alien? What's graphic about the original Alien? Very little I'd suggest. It's a stellar example of implied horror. Prometheus was full of graphic scenes; ludicrously graphic scenes. It left nothing to the imagination. It had a giant blob mouthfucking a guy at the end...

Did we even watch the same film? :nuts2:

Not as graphic as Alien?! o_O

Alien?! The first Alien? What's graphic about the original Alien? Very little I'd suggest. It's a stellar example of implied horror. Prometheus was full of graphic scenes; ludicrously graphic scenes. It left nothing to the imagination. It had a giant blob mouthfucking a guy at the end...

Did we even watch the same film? :nuts2:

Well, in its own special way, even the original Alien was quite "graphic", as far as the Freudian imagery went and as far as the visuals were concerned. The "raping of the mouth", the "dinner birth" scene, the whole space jockey scene, in fact... I don't know whether he meant that, though...

Well, in its own special way, even the original Alien was quite "graphic", as far as the Freudian imagery went and as far as the visuals were concerned. The "raping of the mouth", the "dinner birth" scene, the whole space jockey scene, in fact... I don't know whether he meant that, though...
Eh, that's Giger; no idea what Ridley Scott though was going on. Either way, Prometheus was certainly more graphic.
Alien was graphic for a mainstream film in 1979; Prometheus was rather undergraphic for a similar film in 2012.
We're not comparing the 70's to today though; we're comparing film to film. At least Foro was.

I meant the whole Alien film series in general. I forgot if it was in the original Alien or the second (-s) but it had one of the most shocking scenes I've ever seen.

Hmm it looks like I forgot some of the most graphic scenes in Prometheusz. Excuse me. Apparently these were not the most memorable scenes (definitely not the ones I liked the most).

I know that. I added the "-s" some minutes before you posted. I think it was in the first. The huge alien raping(?)/destroying a woman. It can't get more terrible, even if the whole "act" isn't shown, that was terribly, terribly graphic.

The first film was darker and that made it a whole lot more disturbing. The others moved more into the action movie territory.

I think I know the scene you mean, but it was only suggested, I don't think you actually saw what happened to her.

Also, in the shorter/DCut but not DCut (I believe Scott preferred the longer, theatrical version), there's the scene where Ripley comes across the "lair" where some of the other crew members are slowly being transformed into... something (the eggs? probably)... and they beg her to kill them and she roasts them with the flamethrower, IIRC. That was pretty sick, too...

The "rape" scene (of Lambert) was cut to the point of barely being in Alien (as Brigs says). Scott ceratinly had the idea, since he's talked about it. But the idea that an Alien would sexually molest of female character is an anachronism anyway.
Yes. Or did I see some director's cut?
It's a deleted scene I think.
Also, in the shorter/DCut but not DCut (I believe Scott preferred the longer, theatrical version), there's the scene where Ripley comes across the "lair" where some of the other crew members are slowly being transformed into... something (the eggs? probably)... and they beg her to kill them and she roasts them with the flamethrower, IIRC. That was pretty sick, too...
Are you not thinking of Aliens?

Make those seats somewhat unfindable, so that you have enough time to play the full thing.
:D

In all seriousness though, I'm gonna edit it and play the more wedding appropriate passages, the intro in particular. Its atmosphere is just perfect.

Yes, that was creepy as hell, nice touch, actually, I think they should have left that in.

Back