Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Has to be said, I was only dimly aware of their existence until people started talking about them in relation to Alter Bridge.

I have, in fact, never heard of any person who likes Creed. Which makes me wonder how they ever became that big if literally everybody hates them.

Because of people like me. I bought 2 of their CDs in the 90s. I still don't know why.

Truth: because the musicians in the band were always good. The singer ruined it. 'Twas no surprise when that band with a good singer turned out good.

They're like Nickleback really, no? A band everyone loves to hate.

That said, I knew of them before Alter Bridge. Arms Wide Open, Higher....those songs were big in the late 90s. like very big mainstream rock songs.

Most people I know who listen to bands like Creed and Nickelback are very casual music listeners. They don't really have any major prejudices toward (mainstream) music, just like anything that's catchy with a good hook.

I know Creed had a song or two that used to get played on the radio all the time.

I've ruined another set of earphones.

NP: Iron Maiden - If Eternity Should Fail. I can hear one guitar, a bit of Steve, and Nicko, plus a very distant echo of vocals, like Bruce is singing in the bathroom.

Back