Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Do you complain a lot in Germany?

No, I was thinking more short-term and more locally. A pub or something. Fortunately, that's exactly what my plans are after work today.

That being said, I definitely need to see more of Germany than airports.

Speaking of German airports, the opening of the new one in Berlin will be postponed again!

In other news, several of my colleagues have cars that have the now infamous VW diesel engine ... I'm pretty pleased I bought a petrol car and not a diesel one last year!

So you're not one of the 11 million who have to return their car?

No, fortunately.

But I'm not very happy that part of the money I paid for mine will go to pay Herr Winterkorn's golden parachute.

"You're responsible for the biggest scandal to ever strike this company. Here, have 20 million Euro"

(or whatever amount that parachute turns out to be) :censored:

I'm really concerned about this scandal, because it affects way more than just the company.

Yep, the reputation of the entire German automotive industry (and possibly more) is at stake. Much depends on the way VW handles it, but what they really should hope for is that some other automakers are caught doing something similar.

Yep, the reputation of the entire German automotive industry (and possibly more) is at stake. Much depends on the way VW handles it, but what they really should hope for is that some other automakers are caught doing something similar.
The German automotive industry (and VW in particular) survived the Second World War, I think they can come through this.

Is anyone here going to the Maiden tour alone next year? or Has anyone here ever been to concerts alone? Maiden or any other show?

Back