Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I've often heard people saying that they found the number of characters and geographical locations Tolkien used, difficult. I didn't have that. Not even in The Silmarillion. Now, I have forgotten names but at the time of reading, the world built itself. Maps and lexicons are great assistants as well, but they were part of the books.

I guess it's the same with films and music. Big worlds, with lots aspects. I like that. :--) And when Tolkien writes it in a great manner, it's a feast to take in and process. Hell, I even wanted to make own worlds, making up names and such.

@Brigantium Are you at the venue or at a pub before going to the venue...or is the venue also a pub?

Classic cartoon. Won me over on the Narnia chronicles. A wardrobe that leads to a magical forest, a lamppost and a faun and then the whole world of Narnia opened up.... Amazing :D

When it comes to Disney I'm leaning heavily in favor of what they did in the 70's and the 80's....The Lion King is still too modern for me to be "proper" Disney :p

The Rescuers

The Great Mouse Detective

The Fox and the Hound

Now that's the Disney of my childhood.

No way! As one three sisters, I can tell you that sisters rock all the way! Lions just stink.

tumblr_lg0axjmAIY1qbxntw.gif

Exept for Dumbo and Fox and the Hound. Ill go the old school disney princess movies, Beautey, Snowhite, Sleeping and on and on....

Feck! I forgot Bambi! love that guy too.

Back