Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Nicko's playing has always sounded, to a non drummer like me, very interesting. He might not be the perfect time keeper, but he keeps the listener intrigued.

Now take this guy. A good drummer, and has a few legendary records under his belt. But man does The Trooper sound blatantly boring with him (granted, it's just a jam, and he obviously doesn't know how to play the song, but just listen how dull it sounds compared to Nicko).

All depends on how well it's run, I think. Montreal's Olympic committee was one of the worst of all time.

Yes, and everything indicates that Berlin would top that. This is a city that can't get it's trains to run, it has spent hundreds of millions on an airport that was set to open three years ago and still isn't finished, it just barely manages to cover potholes and its public schools don't even manage to teach the kids to read properly, all that despite that it gets over two billion Euros in federal funding every year. Now imagine, Vancouver made a debt of $1 billion in 2010 - for the Winter Olympics. It is a city that is extremely wealthy and well-managed. Berlin is neither, and I shudder at the thought of the debt that would amount, and the austerity the government will find necessary to pay it off. It's not worth it.

India hosted the Commonwealth Games in 2010 yet can't get millions of people out of poverty. It also has a space program and Formula One-standard race track.

India hosted the Commonwealth Games in 2010 yet can't get millions of people out of poverty. It also has a space program and Formula One-standard race track.
One of those things will help with the poverty. I'll let you guess which one.

Yes, and everything indicates that Berlin would top that. This is a city that can't get it's trains to run, it has spent hundreds of millions on an airport that was set to open three years ago and still isn't finished, it just barely manages to cover potholes and its public schools don't even manage to teach the kids to read properly, all that despite that it gets over two billion Euros in federal funding every year. Now imagine, Vancouver made a debt of $1 billion in 2010 - for the Winter Olympics. It is a city that is extremely wealthy and well-managed. Berlin is neither, and I shudder at the thought of the debt that would amount, and the austerity the government will find necessary to pay it off. It's not worth it.

This is extremely fair. Berlin is not the efficient German paradise we would believe it is. Vancouver had an excellent Olympic committee and they ended up using the Olympics as a vehicle for urban improvement at a real cost of zero dollars and zero cents. It sounds like Berlin would fail to do the same.

It's less efficient than Amsterdam, and that city is literally run by a bunch of potheads.
"dude, we gotta, like, fix the dyke."
"yeah, dude, but first, smoke this green."
"whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. dude, we gotta, like, get some chips."

Back