Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I think the humbucker is meant to be okay, it really is the single coils that are under scrutiny here. You can't really substitute DiMarzio & Fender pick-ups (that were on the USA model) for Jackson pickups & expect them to sound better. But, for the price, it's meant to be a great guitar. To be fair, Saap, you're tone sounds pretty smart already anyway! :okok:

I don't know, the more expensive Adrian Smith guitar (San Dimas) has Super Distortion instead of a Jackson stock pick-up. Besides, Super Distortion has been the Maiden sound for decades, I'm pretty positive about the improvement in this exchange of pick-ups.
My tone is as good as it is because I have a very fine record-at-home amp with lots of variability and modulation. Also, I've set most of my settings to match the sound of Dave Murray, with some nuances of my own.
I got the black scratchplate one, luckily. I like that one better, and for a long time only the white version was sold on Amazon. I used the opportunity and got the black one ordered while it was there.

I don't know, the more expensive Adrian Smith guitar (San Dimas) has Super Distortion instead of a Jackson stock pick-up. Besides, Super Distortion has been the Maiden sound for decades, I'm pretty positive about the improvement in this exchange of pick-ups.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it, once you've got it & had a play etc.
Also, I've set most of my settings to match the sound of Dave Murray, with some nuances of my own.
I know! :D
I got the black scratchplate one, luckily. I like that one better, and for a long time only the white version was sold on Amazon. I used the opportunity and got the black one ordered while it was there.
It's definitely the best looking. Plus it looks like the SiT-era Jackson original that Adrian used back in the day. Lovely looking guitar.

Back