Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well, I was thinking in the last 15 or so years.

Lord of the Rings is the best from the last 15 years. Nolan's Batman trilogy is also really good, although Dark Knight Rises was a bit of a let down. The Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy is highly enjoyable. Maybe Bourne? I only saw the first one, so I can't comment.

The X-Men trilogy was pretty good, then X-Men 3 happened. Spider-Man trilogy was really good, then Spider-Man 3 happened.

All time-wise, I think the original Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogies are better ... Back to the Future is pretty close too, if you consider Star Trek 2,3,4 a trilogy .. they are in the same ball park. I am sure I am missing an obvious one

Indiana Jones trilogy is awesome..

What about Terminator 1, 2, 3?

Aliens? Godfather trilogy?

I didn't like Terminator 3. The first 2 are the best, in my opinion and then there's Terminator Salvation which is still part of that series I believe. That one was good too.

Even though I wasn't entirely satisfied with LotR (except episode 1 which was pure gold), it's one of the best lores ever created so I still respect the film a lot. Will read the books one day.

Love LotR trilogy but I rarely watch the 1st unless I am watching all 3 together.
Terminator 1+2 are awesome, 3 is good but not good enough to pull the trilogy into that all time great category. I'd say Alien 1-3 are similar, although 3 is slightly closer in that case.
Godfather... to be honest, I only watched it once a few years ago and I didn't really find it that great, it didn't keep me glued to the screen at all.

Just as I was thinking the laundromat is the most boring place in the world, a loud fight breaks out between a dim-witted German and a half-witted South African about post-Apartheid Johannesburg.

The best trilogy ever would be Indiana... they should never had made more movies just because of... $$$$$$$

Back