Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I backed it up already. It has a black screen of death basically. I could hear sound but couldn't see a damn thing on the screen. I tried some tips to try and get it back up but still black. I'm factory resetting it right now to see if this works. If not...guess I'm getting a new one.

I backed it up already. It has a black screen of death basically. I could hear sound but couldn't see a damn thing on the screen. I tried some tips to try and get it back up but still black. I'm factory resetting it right now to see if this works. If not...guess I'm getting a new one.

What will you do with the old one then? Smash it with a hammer? Run over it with a steam roller? Submerge it in nitric acid?

Whatever you do, do NOT bring it to the Apple store and have their "geniuses" look at it. My sister's iPod had the grey screen of death and they said that they never heard of it before even though it's all over Google. They only offered to sell her a new one instead of trying to fix it. So, they basically lied to her just to make a sale.

Eww, that sucks. Well, factory settings didn't work at all. Screen is still black but I found out that it still lets me do stuff but I can't see the screen at all like it's not backlit anymore. I'm trying to make sure there isn't anything else I can do before going out to buy a new one.

The safer option is probably to first smash it and then dissolve the remains in acid. Then neutralize the solution with ammonia, boil off the water and set fire to the residue - if flammable :cool:

Morning!

That's brilliant, Wingman!

The beginning already:

In light of your failure to financially manage yourselves and inability to effectively govern yourselves responsibly, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up ‘revocation’ in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

edit:
and:

Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the “World Series” for a game which is not played outside of the United States of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket.

Funny how perspective works. A game from 2007 sounds new to me (I used to game in -mostly first half of- the 1990s).

Back