Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Ah come on now, @Night Prowler , here's a picture of Matt Barlow:

IMG_8501.JPG

I like your approach, Wizard! :D

Nearly 100% not. It's a class trip, I heavily doubt these things are going to be changed in the last minute. I don't usually whine about such things because we probably barely even spend time in the hostel but when it gets to the point where sheets are not changed and showers are dirty then it really starts to bug everyone.

@Perun Don't know if you're joking or not but I pretty much answered the question in my previous post. And by the way, rude staff is what grinds the gears the most.
@Brigantium yeah you must've misread, I definitely didn't edit my post :innocent:.

@Perun Don't know if you're joking or not but I pretty much answered the question in my previous post. And by the way, rude staff is what grinds the gears the most.

Beats sleeping on a rusty bed frame in a damp cave infested by wild boars and lions in groups of sixteen, living off a ration of 25g of bread a day, and having to gather your drinking water from little puddles on the ground. Staff? Ha! When we wanted to pee in the bushes, we had to fight our way through a battalion of Wehrmacht stormtroopers. Nine men died because the hole we dug to take a crap was right in sight of an MG pocket. Did we complain? Hell no, we enjoyed our holidays like men! What a relief it was from our grinding every-day routine. But it looks as though kids these days would rather sit at home playing their video games than catching some fresh air as we did back in the day.

Beats sleeping on a rusty bed frame in a damp cave infested by wild boars and lions in groups of sixteen, living off a ration of 25g of bread a day, and having to gather your drinking water from little puddles on the ground. Staff? Ha! When we wanted to pee in the bushes, we had to fight our way through a battalion of Wehrmacht stormtroopers. Nine men died because the hole we dug to take a crap was right in sight of an MG pocket. Did we complain? Hell no, we enjoyed our holidays like men! What a relief it was from our grinding every-day routine. But it looks as though kids these days would rather sit at home playing their video games than catching some fresh air as we did back in the day.

Seems like I woke harsh memories from the past, sorry for that. That's also why I added that I don't usually whine about such because I know there's people out there who are in much worse condition. But as you have complained (in the word's neutral meaning) about your walls being too fucking thin in the forum and probably everyone else about some little thing that bugs them I believe I own the right to say something too, do I not? I think about being lucky not to be born in a time of war or similar quite often but I do believe that cannot be taken into account every time there's something to complain about.
And just to clear off a misunderstanding, I would much rather catch some fresh air in most cases.

Last edited:
In your previous post, you said you weren't sure if I was joking. I was wondering whether to simply say "yes", or nudge towards that by making up an obviously ridiculous story. In truth, I don't envy you for your prospect.

Back