Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Sometimes the more digits in the number, the more impressive people think it is. 1,000,000 seem like more than 1M to some.

A lot of places in Europe still use "thousand millions" as an expression. Billions is a relatively new term.

Many European languages, including the Scandinavian ones, also use variations of the term "Milliard" to refer to 10^9. I suggest we rather use SI prefixes from now on :D

I really need to make some playlists. I had some good ones, but two HDD crashes in a row and I just haven't had the patience to make new ones.

But, I have too much stuff and need to refine it...

Many European languages, including the Scandinavian ones, also use variations of the term "Milliard" to refer to 10^9.

This, 'miljard' to be correct here. Some people also say 'biljon' here but I despise the word because it sound so annoying and useless if you have a native word for the same thing.

So very tired, I watched "Othello" in cinema with a couple of hundred students from my school, lasted 3 and a half hours and now I'm dead-tired. Very little to no homework for me tonight.

Actually, the only ones to use 'billion' when they mean millard, and 'trillion' when they mean 'billion' are the English speakers. :P

After a journalist in Norwegian paper Dagbladet came up with an unusually stupid thing on Twitter, and followed it up with arrogant responses to her critics, I feel it is appropriate to share a quote from a former Norwegian President of Parliament, Carl J. Hambro (1885–1964):

"In the name of democracy, every man should at any time be free to express the confusion which exists inside his head."

In other words: Freedom of expression should include the right to show all the world that you are a fuckwit.

Been a while since I looked at new stuff here-- I see that if you click 'members' it has some post rankings again; cool. Also, it shows today's birthdays. Sheesh, I must not pay attention much :)

Back