Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

The problem with math is the most of what you learn in school that's not basic math, you don't use ever again unless you go into a field that requires you to use it. At least that's how it seems to be here in the US.
That's true with most high school subjects it seems. The same goes with unnecessary college courses, but teachers have to get paid somehow.

I have to grasp factorization, quadratic equations, numeral systems fully and solve shitloads of problems about them tomorrow. Pretty basic stuff, but still.

So many people struggle with maths at school. There's always some it just comes to naturally, but the rest of us have to battle through it.

You call that basic stuff? I don't even consider algebra and geometry to be basic! :lol:

Considering the subjects up next are trigonometric functions, permutation, binomial distribution, logarithms, geometric sequence, matrix, determinant, limit, derivative and integral, those are pretty basic stuff. :p

And we actually take geometry as another class, so there are a lot more stuff to study as well.

Time is the enemy, not the subjects. Dealing with time problems is a lot tougher than knowing what "De Moivre's formula" is, that's for sure.

It's trying to be sunny here, too. A walk is in order.

I just came back from a short, but important walk. Today and tomorrow Norway holds the election for Parliament, and I just voted.

An interesting twist of this year's election is that the population of Oslo is also asked to vote yes or no to whether the city should apply for the 2022 Winter Olympics. Interesting, because the referendum is restricted to Oslo despite the state will have to pay most of the bill. Many have criticized the decision, saying the whole country should have a say in the question. Others have argued that they indirectly get a say through the representatives they elect for Parliament. However, most of the parties have not said clearly whether they are for or against an application! For example, neither of the two major parties (the Labour party and the Conservative party) have made their stance clear.

The whole country will have to pay but the bulk of the immediate effect will be on the city, both leading up to and during the event, I guess that's their reasoning.

The whole country will have to pay but the bulk of the immediate effect will be on the city, both leading up to and during the event, I guess that's their reasoning.

Probably. I still think that it would have been more fair to have a nation-wide referendum or no referendum at all. The latter would, however, require the political parties to take a stance earlier.

Probably. I still think that it would have been more fair to have a nation-wide referendum or no referendum at all. The latter would, however, require the political parties to take a stance earlier.

Agreed, just thinking about why they've gone as they have. There's at least a reason, even if it's still not the best choice.

Back