Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I used to play a lot of Rock Band, had a huge amount of DLC. The game can be very fun with a group of people, and in the 3rd one they introduced 'pro mode' or something which you can buy midi guitars for and play with proper stringed instrument etc. Although I always wanted to try and do the challenges/campaign type thing but no one I played with ever did, I liked mucking about and having a laugh but sometimes I wanted to try and see how well I could do rather than just making random noise - get high scores etc.

Haven't touched my Xbox in years though.

Just flicking through the DLC, there's a "Maiden Epics" set with Rime/SSOASS/Phantom/Infinite Dreams/Flight of Icarus/Prisoner.

DLC?

But yup, drunk Guitar Hero with a group of friends was always good times back when it came out..Still would be I suppose but I don't know anyone who really still plays it :)

Downloadable Content

I use to be really into those games. I'll still play them every so often when I feel like pretending to be a rock star. :p I could never get up to the really challenging levels like Expert or whatever. I could play some Hard songs but my fingers/wrist would hurt after a while. There is another game out there which is called Rocksmith where you actually use a guitar that you can hook up to your Xbox and it will teach you how to play and to play songs they have on there.

Me neither. I think I got to around medium level which is probably really bad..but hey I did also mostly play Guitar Hero at parties which might explain why I never got any better. I had friends back then who'd sit and practice that stuff....Not me. Yeah, Brigantum just mentioned Rocksmith just earlier in this thread, sounds really cool :)

Brigantum just mentioned Rocksmith just earlier in this thread, sounds really cool :)
Some how I missed that bit. :lol: My nephew learned how to play guitar from that game and he could play a lot of the songs without the game then after so it's definitely really cool in that aspect.
Just flicking through the DLC, there's a "Maiden Epics" set with Rime/SSOASS/Phantom/Infinite Dreams/Flight of Icarus/Prisoner.
I was mainly a Guitar Hero player before but once I found out that Rock Band had that plus some other Maiden songs, I quickly switched over.

Back from my bike ride. Planned for 50 km, due to dubious route selections it was probably 55, and due to some serious levels of lactate it felt like at least 70 ...

Math is disgusting. I'm taking two classes in math right now, one at school and one online. It sucks :(

I always wanted to try one of those games that uses a real guitar, so I could see just how bad/inaccurate I really am :P

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Civil_War/The_Killer_Angels/372325
Ordered CD a few weeks ago, it said order before midday and get next day delivery.. but well, it arrived today. No idea why the delay >.> So just put that on and will probably listen to it for the night see how I feel, so far the vocals are a bit high for my liking but it my grow on me.

What's with all this hating on maths? Without it, science would not have reached far. We wouldn't have TV satelites, we wouldn't have cars, trains and airplanes. We wouldn't have put a man on the moon, and we would not have electric amplifiers for our guitars :eek:

Yea, I'm not dissing the contributions to the world that math made, just saying that I don't like doing it.

The problem with math is the most of what you learn in school that's not basic math, you don't use ever again unless you go into a field that requires you to use it. At least that's how it seems to be here in the US.

It's the same here, of course. But isn't that true for most subjects in school? Do you really need to read literature in English class? Isn't it sufficient to learn to spell correctly?

Most people don't solve equations in their everyday life, true. But being able to understand a thing like exponential growth, or periodical functions, certainly does help in understanding trends in society and economics. In my opinion, an educated population should really know more than just addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percent.

Yeah, I can agree with that, Wingman and don't get me wrong, I do respect all the wonders that math gave us but I just never took to it well so I guess I'm just a bit bitter about that. :P

Back