Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Thanksgiving isn't a statutory holiday in Nova Scotia. We only get New Year's Day, Good Friday, Canada Day, Labour Day, and Christmas Day. If I work Remembrance Day I get a day in lieu.

Bank holiday Monday meant that I was one of very few people in the department at university today. I didn't see another person in the building, but I heard people. Spooky.

Thanksgiving isn't a statutory holiday in Nova Scotia. We only get New Year's Day, Good Friday, Canada Day, Labour Day, and Christmas Day. If I work Remembrance Day I get a day in lieu.
Wow. Out here, in addition to Thanksgiving, I also get BC Day in August, Victoria Day in May and they added a new "Family Day" in February, just this year.
I had no idea it was that different across the country.
I think I'm living on the right edge. :D

Wow. Out here, in addition to Thanksgiving, I also get BC Day in August, Victoria Day in May and they added a new "Family Day" in February, just this year.
I had no idea it was that different across the country.
I think I'm living on the right edge. :D
I have to ask, what is Family Day?

A lot of places in Canada have added another stat day to give another day off. I think there should be one each month.

No one is really sure. An extra statutory day off between Christmas and Easter that helped get our premier re-elected?

That is how we got Columbus Day (Italian voters) and Labor Day (Unions) off .. whatever .. outside of Independence Day, Christmas, and Thanksgiving, they should just put out 20 holidays a year for various people and events and let people pick 8 or 10 of which ones they want to honor.

Believe it or not, there are some people who enjoy driving in the snow. Those are the people who have vehicles that are meant for it. Jerks... <_<

Back