Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

My internet connection is slower than a relay race team assembled by a turtle, an elephant, an escargot and a camel. Thankfully they're not in a United States uniform, so I don't get disconnected.

It would be cool if Norway had a 4*100m relay team that was in a position to mess up ... the only Norwegian citizen who would qualify, Jaysuma Saidy Ndure, has only been a Norwegian citizen for seven years. Before him, we have to go back to 1994 to find one Norwegian sprinter who did well on an international level, let alone four.

I'm surprised we never get members on here from other countries who don't speak perfect English. That would be great to have more members from other parts of the world.

Yes, I was Natalie. He was a bit strange to say the least. :lol: But I'm surprised we don't see more members from other countries who can't speak perfect English and just try to join in the chats on here, but aren't weird about it like thousand suns was.

Honestly, Travis, the people we get here who have the worst English tend to be anglophones. Our foreign imports all have very good-to-impeccable English.

I would imagine a lot of people visit the forum for a while before joining, and so if they visit and struggle to read it... then they won't sign up.

I see both of your points, but I'm still surprised we don't see some members posting here who don't speak very good English. I guess most of them go on sites where their main language is spoken.

There used to be forums here for foreign speakers, but I guess that disappeared when we switched to XenForostar. I remember the French one being at least somewhat active.

The problem became that those forums were mostly dead anyway. It was a good idea, but the generation of people online just all speak freaking English. I mean, think about it.
Ariana, EW, Perun, Natalie, Shadow, Forostar, NP, Flash, all speak very good English and are among our most active members.

Back