8)V for Vendetta
7)The dark knight
6)Oceans 13
5)American history X
4)Empire strikes back
3)Traffic
2)Crash
1)Oceans 11
Notice how 1-3 have the same actor Don Cheadle that's why he's my favourite actor (Hotel Rwanda didn't make the list but what a great movie starring Don)

Back in Metricland after a week of pints, miles, ounces and driving on the left side of the road.

Lesson learnt: A talking navigation system in the car is nice - as long as the destination is set correctly. If it isn't, and you have to drive slowly around looking for roadsigns to lead you in the correct direction, having that voice tell you "turn around whenever possible" really adds to the stress.

Also, the Royal International Air Tattoo was awesome. Spool forward to around 1:50 to see a full-scale helicopter do a thing I've only seen R/C model helicopters do before.

I experienced something similar to sleep paralysis tonight. And it sounded like an entity was eating and crunching something in the corner of the room for at least an hour (then I fell asleep).

The Lynx is amazing, Wingman!

It really is. The Avro Vulcan was also an impressive sight, and we also saw several great aerobatics teams (the Red Arrows, the Patrouille de France and the Frecce Tricolori). The clouds were a bit low on Saturday, so that most displays were limited to a "horizontal" one with few big loops or blitz climbs, but on Sunday they cleared up well before the Red Arrows took to the skies.

Yesterday, on the last day of the trip, we went to see the Imperial War Museum at Duxford airfield. We got a little bonus there as well - a Spitfire took the time to do some aerobatics and low passes over the airfield, so the museum visit became a bit more lively than expected :)

Wonder how this happened .. a Russian sub

jct1HZtl.jpg

Back