Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I remember watching it on HBO at one time.
A near retired army sgt owns a vintage Sherman tank, ends up in a rural town with a crook sheriff that puts up the army guys kid on trumped up charges. Army guy takes his tank, breaks out the kid, blows up a ton of shit and heads out of the crooked cops jurisdiction.[\spoiler]

I'm kinda in the mood to watch a movie with shit blown up in it right now. I may have to see what looks good at home.

When I was in my teens/early 20's, I used to think "Pump Up The Volume" was my favorite movie. I think I always wanted to be a pirate dj :)

Saving Private Ryan is the one that usually jumps to mind at "favourite movie".

There shall be more tank photo's when I get access to the camera.

I like it, but I just can't put it that high. Mostly because Band of Brothers completely surpassed it in every way.

I've not seen that one, I do like a good war film though. Saving Private Ryan always seemed to have something about it... War Horse was a good film, but is.. well.. about a horse, so it still gets a 'meh'. Zulu is awesome (completely different war ofc).

Not seen Patton either. I shall acquire!

Damned alcohol, for an unknown reason every time I typed war I wanted to capitalise the W >.>

Still got to watch 'Rommel' as well.

Patton is one of the best movies ever IMO. What is interesting is it came out during Vietnam and you had the hippies saying Patton was the perfect example of what was wrong with the military/America and the people who took showers saying that Patton is exactly the kind of guy we need "now"

Band of Brothers is an HBO series from 2001 and it's the best tv/movie/mini ever.

That was really good. The follow up Pacific was really good as well .. but not as good as Band of Brothers, but not as good. Supposedly they are doing a 3rd one focused on the air war.

Back