Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well that's because....

tony-the-tiger.jpg

Ugh. Two weeks left for me to acquire a ticket for Iron Maiden in Croatia. So far I'm not even close. The only ones left are the worst and cheapest possible seats and super expensive VIP seats. :(

The money's not the problem, the problem is the lack of available tickets.
VIP ones are awfully expensive, so that's a no-no.
Cheap seats are as far away as possible from the stage. I'm thinking of buying one of those and then try to replace it before the show for a standing ticket.

Many posts again! Sheesh!

so, I called the bike number after work and I got a chick, i said "hey, do you have the zx9"... the phone went dead. Bad connection? Scan? I dunno....

so I kept looking and found one that is newer and better looking for $200 more. It's farther away, but I left a vm about it this morn. I Want A Bike.

Same here, I would do whatever it takes to get to the show. They have put on a lot of great tours since Bruce and Adrian came back, but this might be my favorite certainly in the top 3

MY LAPTOP IS BACK! It turned out that a tiny bit of plastic was blocking the fan. I guess it broke off another part of the laptop one of the times it got knocked to the floor. I feel complete again.

After buying concert tickets at some point last year I got a free subscription to Rolling Stone magazine. It was only supposed to last three months, but they kept sending me issues each week for about a year, accompanied by cards saying, "don't let the issues stop, renew now, pretty please," or the like. I never did, even though it was dirt cheap, because it seemed to me that RS had lost touch with the national consciousness. From putting laughably unhip teen stars on the cover to its six-months-too-late coverage to its "every album gets at least three stars" critical reviews, RS certainly was no longer the cultural force I remembered from my youth. But I had no idea just how out of touch RS really was until today. Putting the Boston bomber on the cover might be the dumbest, lamest attempt to regain publicity and relevance I've ever seen. Forget that it's horribly insensitive -- as I taught my six-year-old, "no duh." It's also stupid. People aren't going to buy that issue on newsstands and a lot of people are boycotting the magazine and cancelling their subscriptions. Wow, did RS misread its audience. I guess there really IS such a thing as bad PR. "New Coke" may have been a better business decision than this -- which is saying something. (For those of you born after 1985, just Google it.)

Back