Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I want alcohol, dammit!

ethanol01.png

Summer comes in small batches of two-three days. Currently we're in a non-summer streak (around 15 degrees C with some rain now and then), but the forecast for next week is promising :)

... and my favourite football team in Norway is on a winning streak. Four consecutive wins with a total goal difference of 8-0. New home match on Monday.

Like most words beginning with al-, alcohol was a word brought to Europe by Arabic scientists. To my knowledge, it is indeed of Arabic origin, but is also used by the Persians, however with the al, which is the article in Arabic. Orientals acquainted with Arabic disposed of the article when using the word in their own language. In Europe however, many scientists were not as good with Arabic and thought the al- was part of the word.

Don't you just love it when in a commercial, they claim something has been "scientifically tested" without providing any citation that could direct you to a relevant study?

Don't you just love it when in a commercial, they claim something has been "scientifically tested" without providing any citation that could direct you to a relevant study?
All they want is for you to buy their product while sounding smart at the same time. :D

And yes, I was very eager for alcohol but, we really don't have anything good and it just didn't happen unfortunately. :lol:

Back