Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Holidays are pretty grand. I've enjoyed not going to school for the past month.

And heeeeeeeres Alex!

jack-shining.jpg

Last night, I brought my best mate my Koran because he needed it for some study work. He actually asked me if it's OK if he puts it in an odd position so he can copy something from it on his laptop. "You're not Muslim, after all."

I told him he can do whatever he likes with his thing, and that I'd only like the 18 Euros back from him if he destroys it. I felt obliged to explain that I like Oriental art and some aspects of the culture, but that I hate the religion.

Seriously, what kind of perception do my friends have of me? :huh:

Last night, I brought my best mate my Koran because he needed it for some study work. He actually asked me if it's OK if he puts it in an odd position so he can copy something from it on his laptop. "You're not Muslim, after all."

I told him he can do whatever he likes with his thing, and that I'd only like the 18 Euros back from him if he destroys it. I felt obliged to explain that I like Oriental art and some aspects of the culture, but that I hate the religion.

You have an example of the Koran --> you are part of the Eurabia conspiracy, of course.

That's hard to say. It sounds like respect, honestly. Some people have a view of historians as people who follow all customs, even if it isn't their belief, you know?

Anyway, glad you week is over and its time to start anew! I'm leaving work early today (in about 3 hours) to go party with some friends for the evening! Then, tomorrow, road trip to KC with the fam!

I'm bored at work. 2 hrs to go. I'm waiting for a backup job to finish so I can do the last real task I have today. I really just wanna make a Bloody Mary and coast.... :)

Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like nothing more than common courtesy. Would the "odd position" have been deemed disrespectful by a Muslim?

Back