Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

it's a weird night. Weather is calm, but a storm is coming. It looks beautiful and green outside, but the air is like swimming. My kids are gone, so it's quiet, but I've got nothing I want to do.... so, I'm sitting on my ass enjoying the quiet evening.

Sometimes, that is awesome!! If i had a beer, it'd be perfect :)

I get you totally, Black Wizard. I'm not going to give advice because it comes entirely down to the individuals involved. I've had one situation in which an email helped a lot, the other person realising a few things they hadn't seen before and apologising.... and then I have had another situation, where I was simply told they didn't want me as a part of their life because I pushed the issue. In the latter, it was losing my oldest and closest friend, who I was naturally very unwilling to just let slip away, especially for the reasons there were.

The "They're not worthy of.." is easy enough to say, but very hard to apply. Misunderstandings and other such things can go a very long way in the wrong direction, and often the desire to fix it before it's "too late" makes it worse.

All I can say really is good luck, I hope everything works out.

1013011_10152027045793957_1409803732_n.jpg

Thanks for the support guys. I've just finished writing the letter. Everything is in there, from memories to humour to to downright honesty. I doubt it will be effective or if it will even be read but I have nothing to lose (apart from sleep!) from trying.

I have to buy an Iron Maiden ticket in just over five hours time...

Thanks for the support guys. I've just finished writing the letter. Everything is in there, from memories to humour to to downright honesty. I doubt it will be effective or if it will even be read but I have nothing to lose (apart from sleep!) from trying.

I have to buy an Iron Maiden ticket in just over five hours time...

If anything, you will feel better getting it off your chest and not have any regrets about not saying something or that you should have said it better

I always preferred Geno's East ... They opened a few Rosati's here in Dallas... in Illinois I thought they were good ... here they are awesome compared to the crap local pizza

Chicago Deep dish is so good it can bring tears of joy. Yeah Gino's east is amazing my friend and I waited 20 min in line outside just to get in then another 30 min for the pizza to be made but it was well worth the wait.

I hope things turn out well, Wizard.

I'm not in the position to comment but franlky I think you've done more than enough. I admire people who go at great lengths to repair broken relationships but I can't do that. I try once and if it doesn't work out, I just draw the line there.

Good luck Black Wizard. Hope you will feel better about this, however it turns out.

I'd like to share something as well, about friendship that's either on hold, either broken.
It sounds closest to the second case of Crimson Idol, although I have not taken any action, yet.

Almost a year ago one of my best friends and I had a row over the phone. I know him since the 1980s, and in the last 3 years we met about every other month making music (we also made music from 1993-2000 on a regular base). Besides music we also have a history of supporting each other in difficult times.

But back to the music. We had a whole bunch of songs and were bound to make an album. In the last(!) step (the artwork), before we had a finished product which we would have duplicated, it went wrong. I rather don't go into detail on why it went wrong but as a result he told me he didn't want to speak with me for a month (which is already not fun because I am a guy who wants to amend things after a fight, rather fast instead of slow). After that he called me and before I had the chance to say anything (I even wanted to apologize) I got told he didn't want to be in contact with me anymore, for a while. I shouldn't contact him myself.

The thing is, it's difficult to loose an old, good friend (or the thought of loosing one), but it's extra frustrating to not finish something that we've been busy with for years. Even though it was a small scale, amateur project, I was proud about some songs, and I longed to turn it into something definite (also: that makes it easier to be creative again afterwards).

Ok, no matter if you like Jethro Tull or not, even if you think it is a band to laugh (or cry) about (in other words, ridiculous), then you'll surely think Jethro Tull playbacking a song is more ridiculous. But there's more!

Check the audience applauding afterwards!
BA HA HA HA

How the hell did this band end up in that show? (and yeah the pronouncing of the word Broadsword sucks!)

Damn, I had a long good drive to work with Moving Pictures cranked and was feeling pretty good about my looming holiday.
And then I caught up on this thread.
Hang in there everybody.

I hope everything turns out well for you Wizard. Don't know about the situation or personalities involved but I've been there as well. Unfortunately my success count is not so good despite huge efforts but I believe it worked out the best for me in any case. Good friendships are hard to find and one should not let it fly away, good for you that you don't give up and try build it again. Again, hope everything turns out well.

No explanation just yet but I hope it'll turn around for Per as well.

Back