Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Yea, finishing a collection is definitely something I've never done. :P I was able to complete some story arcs though.

Ariana, this one might be appropriate:
Scar Symmetry - 2012 - Demise of the 5th Sun (a song from their 2005 debut album)

Pinnacle of evolution
The end of linear time
Progress or termination
Cosmic ray mutation

It's the question that burns inside
Will we perish or rise with the tide
When the waters of consequence
Comes rushing forth

For the lines on the fractal wave
Fits the course of history
They're created to work as one 'til the end

A dimensional shift
Leap in consciousness
Or a dire destiny
Asteroid fatality

It's the question that burns inside
Will we perish or rise with the tide
When the waters of consequence
Comes rushing forth

At a time when terrestrial
And galactic grids align
The demise in 2012 realized

Pinnacle of evolution, the end of linear time
Progress or termination
Cosmic ray mutation
A dimensional shift, leap in consciousness
Or a dire destiny, asteroid fatality

[Solos]

When the winter solstice comes
Actualizing the prophecy
The demise in 2012 realized

Speaking of graphic novels/comic books, anyone read the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman? Recommended?

I haven't finished it yet, been waiting for a good edition to come out, they've released the complete series in, I don't know, three or four different editions by now, hardcover, softcover, absolute editions, reprinted etc etc. A new slipcase edition was released last month > http://www.amazon.com/Sandman-Slipc...d=1356028111&sr=8-1&keywords=sandman+slipcase

I might get that when the prize falls a bit. It is a must read in comic books really :)

Funny, you'd think the apocalypse is such a staple in heavy metal that you'd instantly think of a hundred songs...

Yeah, he looks so good now! Do you have a new haircut, or were you on holiday?

Stare at the Sun was one that sprang to mind for me as well. Ragnarok.. well I guess it depends on your religion ;)

I would count Queen "Who Wants to Live Forever" in the list even if thats not what it's about. Surely something from Nostradamus must work? :D

Kinda feels like it! Discovered this image today. It's by illustrator John Howe, best known for his work based on Tolkien's worlds.

(did you see that song posted on the previous page?)

I did, but I still haven't heard it. I'll do it right away.

Edit: I heard it, it's pretty good. There's something quite Korn-ish in the vocals and it also reminds me of something else, but I can't figure it out.

Love the solos and the harmony guitars in the chorus (and that groove underneath)! One and the same guy recorded both the singing and the grunts/screams.

Back