Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I'm really disappointed that there won't be any more end of the world talk after tomorrow...

Oh, you just wait. There's always a new date for the end of the world.

Plus, this time around, you will have all those who will claim that something special actually did happen on the 21st of December, 2012. Something in the vein of "frequency change of the collective conciousness of enlightened men". Or some other similar shenanigans.

See, the world is falling apart and it's not even 21st yet.

I'm sure we'll get a new apocalypse schedule soon enough.

It definitely is. I found it, but it didn't contain what I was looking for. Looks like I'll need to take a day off and re-organise all my stuff. It's about time.

I hear that!

I was planning on taking kids to KC this eve, but it is snowing like a mother fucker outside! Blowing so I cant see the road. We hafta wait til tomorrow morning.

Dammit, I'm spending the last hours of the world as we know it doing everyday things like eating, laundering, dishwashing and posting on MaidenFans ...

Theoretically we should be getting in news on the end of the world from India, Russia and Iran now.

They, and the correspondents, are too busy with the world ending to supply us with news or footage.

To the Apocalypse Organizing Committee

Dear Mr Maya, Dear Mr Nostradamus,

I'm writing this letter to express my bitter disappointment with the customer service you provide. I find your marketing strategy extremely erratic and confusing. While you have heavily invested in raising awareness of the forthcoming event, you have repeatedly refused to reveal the time and location of its opening ceremony. This will lead to significantly lower turnout than you could have expected otherwise. Moreover, you are deliberately preventing TV crews from arriving on the exact spot in time to broadcast live quiz shows, Oprah interviewing a prophet from a 0,18% Mayan descent and, of course, Britney Spears' performance of "Keep on dancing till the world ends", thus putting the core concept of freedom of speech and information at risk.

In addition, I feel that your Committee has not taken the necessary steps to meet consumer demand on Aplocalypse merchandise, as I feel there are immense marketing opportunities you could have explored. Zombie energy drinks, the Four Horsemen t-shirts (signed by said gentlemen), special survival kits and spa weekends at Armageddon are just some of the items the global consumer would have liked to take advantage of.

I hope you would take my recommendations into account and organize a better Apocalypse next time.

Sincerely,

I haven't finished it yet, been waiting for a good edition to come out, they've released the complete series in, I don't know, three or four different editions by now, hardcover, softcover, absolute editions, reprinted etc etc. A new slipcase edition was released last month. I might get that when the prize falls a bit. It is a must read in comic books really :)
Thanks. I was eyeing that slipcase compete edition, but didn't want to spring for the price absent some positive word-of-mouth.

So far I have:

Iron Maiden -When the Wild Wind Blows
Bruce Dickinson - Omega
Metallica - The Four Horsemen
R.E.M. - It'd the End of the World as We Know It
Muse - Apocalypse, Please
The Doors - The End
Dio - End of the World (thanks, Per!)

"My Apocalypse" by Metallica (Death Magnetic). "Two Minutes to Midnight" and "Revelations" by Iron Maiden (though it's possible the lyrics to Revelations mean something different, see Iron Maiden Commentary, frankly they're so obscure who the fuck knows). "Judgement Day" by Van Halen. "Two Suns in the Sunset" by Pink Floyd. "Last Night on Earth" and "Until the End of the World" by U2. And, of course, "Into the Void" by Sabbath.

Speaking of Neil Gaiman and the end of the world, I read Good Omens on the recommendation of someone on this forum (maybe Ariana?) -- perfect funny apocalypse book.

Well, well... My last bet is on 12:11 pm CET, like they said. If the Apocalypse does not happen then, I'm officially launching a compensation claim.

Back