Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Family get-together, fancy dinner, gift exchange, everybody leaves and you wonder what the point was?

Exactly. :D
We're leaving for my in-laws on Saturday and we'll be spending four or five days there - six adults, two children that constantly keep fighting and a rottweiler in a two-bedroom flat. I don't even want to think about it. o_O

I love being Santa. And I'm not the nice mellow kind either. I'm very loud with a whiskey sounding voice, and... The appropriate mannerism that comes with said voice.
I scared the shit out of my cousin's youngest last time (two years ago. She was one year old or so).

:blink:
I always go crazy when I'm with my family for two days straight. I love them, but there's a few dynamics that make me glad I'm not living at home anymore.

A 68-year old woman in Sweden is... Discontent with the association with Thorin Oakenshield. Her last name - Ekenskjöld (which she did not receive through neither marriage or birth.. It's a taken name) almost to the letter conicides with the Swedish translation of The Hobbit characters last name (Ekenskölde). She says that she finds it insulting and that her last name should not be assosciated with any fairy tale.

She insists that they remove the name from the subtitles on the upcoming DVD release and that they should have asked her for permission (!).

Okay, I plucked up all my courage and told my husband I wanted to split up. He said that wasn't an option. What now? What if he doesn't let me go?

I have no idea. He's a total control freak. I really don't know what I should do or what he could do.
Right now he acts as if I'd said nothing, asking me whether I'd put salt in the meal. It's like he didn't hear what I said.

Back