Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

It's been called the worst song ever, and I think I agree with that. But to be honest, I don't hate it as much as everybody else does, I think it's got more in common with a kitten tearing apart your shoes It's annoying, you want to end it as soon as you see it, but it's also kind of adorable.

It's still kind of catchy. I always sing it with a mate of mine who, like me, has no use for plastic sparkle pop.

Tomorrow - Christmas gifts shopping during the day and OFFICE CHRISTMAS PARTY in the evening. Does it show I can't wait? :D
Sunday - recovery.

Sounds great! I hope your office parties are anything like our institute parties. ;)

Hmm, they might be.
Some of by best friends are also colleagues, so we're bound to have a good time. They also happen to be a great drinking company, as they are highly skilled in the field (similar to *cough* me *cough*) and the firm is always generous with the drinks at parties, so it's going to be a night to remember. Or not.

That sounds a lot like our parties indeed. Sometimes I get the feeling we're the last generation of cool students, because everything seems to go downhill afterwards. They're all so focused and career-oriented, only caring for the credit points they get for their tests. We are here to learn, and we're having fun with it. The most legendary event was when we got kicked out of the cafeteria for starting a food fight, and went on to invade somebody's place and had a spontaneous party there. I mean, I always thought that's what students do... but nobody else has our war stories. Odd.

Sometimes I get the feeling we're the last generation of cool students.

I'm sure that everybody thinks the same about their generation. I did it, my friends did it, even my sister believes the same thing and she's nine years younger than me. It could be true in your case, of course, I'm just sharing my experience with the phenomenon. :)

I get that. When I was in school, I also felt like we were the last class to actually care for what they were doing and knew how to behave. But now that I look back at some of the things we did... we did give our teachers a hard time on occasion.

Yeah, I still think we were the coolest class in school. I didn't think so in university, though. I always gravitated towards those a year ahead of me.

We never actually had any contact with the people who came before us. There were a lot of idiots in our year too, but they dropped out one-by-one, reappeared and dropped back out. We got together in our group of five to six, and we're still a solid core of three to four who stick together. There's always people in the periphery who want to be part of it, and we always invite them to... but they come and go.

I had a few friends from my year too but we kind of lost touch over the years. The people I used to hang out with from the year before me are still my best friends.

Ugh, I have so much work to do and an equal amount of unwillingness to do it.

There's been many a drunken night when we talked about our future and professed that, no matter what happens, one thing is for certain: We're not going to get rid of each other. I like to think that's true, but only time will tell. I've had many of conversations like that with people I haven't heard from in years now. Meanwhile, some people whom I'd long considered mere acquaintances are now among my best friends. Fact: If you want to know what your friendships are worth, move out of town.

Ugh, I have so much work to do and an equal amount of unwillingness to do it.

Yeah, I have a library run to make, and I can't really be arsed. You know, it's always a thing of pride to say that Berlin is bigger in area than New York, but there are moments when you actually feel it, too.

Back