Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Mega said:
My tip is to change the controls so that A is Z and B is X or opposite.
my friend told me the same thing. I'm gonna try that. He also sent me a better emulator site. coolrom.com It's awesome.

Don Dokken said:
my opinion about video games is the same for downloading music. i won't but I will definitely  buy a game I like on ROM if i see it. Since you have every NES game, what are some must-haves? (besides the obvious mario and LOZ
The reason I don't feel bad about having these games is because the companies who made them won't make money off of them anymore, but if that's how you feel, that's fine. :)

Some favorites of mine:
All the Megaman games
Ghosts N Goblins
The Guardian Legend
Contra
Breakthru
All the Castlevania games
Blaster Master
Batman 1
Final Fantasy 1
All the Dragon Warriors
Top Gun
Rad Racer
Excite bike
Kid Icarus
Adventure Island 1
Shadowgate
Pinball
Pinbot
Metroid

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
The reason I don't feel bad about having these games is because the companies who made them won't make money off of them anymore, but if that's how you feel, that's fine. :)

Some favorites of mine:
All the Megaman games
Ghosts N Goblins
The Guardian Legend
Contra
Breakthru
All the Castlevania games
Blaster Master
Batman 1
Final Fantasy 1
All the Dragon Warriors
Top Gun
Rad Racer
Excite bike
Kid Icarus
Adventure Island 1
Shadowgate
Pinball
Pinbot
Metroid

very good point. I  forgot about megaman. i'll have to get those. What emulator are you usind?

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
You'll want to avoid The Vault Store on that site because it charges for the games which can be found for FREE at many other sites.

Yeah, that should be ignored. For downloadable ROMs go to The Vault and then choose the gaming platform you're interested in.

BTW Dokken, I think that old games for consoles like NES, SNES and N64 are now considered abandonware, because they are discountinued and aren't available anywhere for purchase.
This means you can download them freely.

The other day we had the premiers of both Iron Man and Incredible Hulk on opposing channels at the same time. So I set them both to be recorded (what I then do is download them to my PC, edit out the ads and watch them at a later time). On the same channel as Hulk was a programme I wanted to watch after the film, so I flicked on that channel and saw Robert Downey Jr and assumed I was on the wrong channel. After confirming I was indeed on the right channel for the following show, I toggled between the two and said to my wife - "Look, Robert Downey Jr on two different channels simultaneously" (yes, I'm really that easily pleased). So I left it that and watched Primeval.

Later the next day, I was editing the two movies and came across that scene mentioned above right at the end of Hulk and saw Downey introduced as Stark. "Where getting a team together." he said, the man at the bar replied - "Who's we?". Again, I thought nothing of it, saved the edited film and then went on to Iron Man. Whilst skipping through this film to find the ad breaks, I saw a frame that had this type of metallic badge which read something like "to show that Stark has a heart". So it turns out that the character in Hulk was the same character in Iron Man played by the same actor.

I never knew that.  :D

But as they are both Marvel comic characters (Iron Man and Hulk) I guess there could be potential for crossover.

I'm pretty sure they do this with every marvel movie since spiderman 3 or something: a short scenen in the end with some hero coming to the main hero saying "we're putting together a team". Samuel Jackson did it as Nick Fury (ultimate nick fury maybe) in both Iron Man 2 and another movie. They are setting up for The Avengers movie.

I love the Cap.

And yes, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Ant Man, and Captain America make the Avengers.

I was a fan of Thor as a kid. And the Hulk TV show was one of my favorites.

But I didn't like Captain America till I grew up. I think it takes a bit of age to appreciate his story.

portermoresby said:
I've always liked the X-Men and Spider Man, but I haven't been much of a Cap America fan. I'm looking forward to the movie though.
this discussion makes me want to start reading comic books again. I still like the occasional superhero movie though. Might see the Captain America movie. There is supposed to be a spiderman reboot this year too.

I wish I could start reading, but even if there was a decent place to get comic books here I would'nt have been able to start. 80 Years of comic books behind me, there's no way I can just start somewhere random.

Yeah, I don't even try buying X-Men comic books. I tried quite a few years ago, but (understandably) there were lots of references to past issues and I was kinda like....  :huh: Plus, the Marvel Universe is ultra-complex. If somebody has a whole basement worth of X-Men comics let me know  :D

Mega said:
I wish I could start reading, but even if there was a decent place to get comic books here I would'nt have been able to start. 80 Years of comic books behind me, there's no way I can just start somewhere random.
That's what i did. There are 3 very good comic stores in denver and when I read comic books I would just pick whatever story that intrested me the most. If I knew there were multiple parts I would get every part. My favorite used to be Ultimate Spiderman and when I started it was on issue 90 something. I Had every issue that came out until it stopped and then I went and started to get older issues. I had the early ones in a collection book and others from going to the store. I never got everyone but if I was to start collecting again it probbally wouldn't take too long. I just casually read the other ones. Now comic books just don't intrest me for some reason,

Back