Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Yeah, give it a whirl!

I'm thinking of going to the store before home to get something to grill and something to drink while grilling...I haven't done the grilling part in a while.

Which other Coltrane do you own? It's time to discover more!

The current state of my Coltrane wishlist:

John Coltrane with Elvin Jones:
Live! at the Village Vanguard
Ballads
Om
Live In Seattle

(Including) John Coltrane without Elvin Jones:
Gene Ammons / John Coltrane – Groove Blues
Paul Chambers – Whims of Chambers
John Coltrane and Don Cherry – The Avant-Garde
The Ray Draper Quintet featuring John Coltrane
John Coltrane / Milt Jackson – Bags & Trane
John Coltrane / Cecil Taylor – Coltrane Time
Mal Waldron / John Coltrane – The Dealers
Thelonious Monk - Thelonious Himself
Thelonious Monk - Monk's Music

Rather late works : Blue Train, The Savoy Sessions, Giant Steps, Impressions, Duke Ellington & John Coltrane, A Love Supreme & The Prestige Recordings.
Of course, as jazz is the music genre with the most collaborations I have many other albums that St. John participated, like Thelonious Monk's records, Miles Davis', Gillespie's etc

As I once told in Jazz topic if you want to get into jazz, just buy 3 albums (one should be Kind Of Blue). Then you check the credits and you start buying the records of the people you like their performances! Some internet search helps as well.

Are you seriously telling me how to get into jazz? Have you forgotten my contribution in that topic? I have been busy the last couple of years. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if I have more jazz albums (and more artists) than you.

No, I was speaking generally...

______no5 said:
[...] if you one want(s) to get into jazz, he just (has to) buy 3 albums (one should be Kind Of Blue). Then you one (may) check the credits and you start buying the records of the people you he like(s) their performances! Some internet search helps as well.

Better?  ;)

I just noticed a significant similarity in the intros to Nirvana's "Rape Me" and GWAR's "Pussy Planet". Same key, same tempo, same first 3 chords, strummed exactly the same way. GWAR just adds more distortion.

And GWAR was first! 1991, vs '93 for Nirvana. Did Cobain copy GWAR? :blink:
No no no Wingman, wrong answer. You have to respond in such a way that Wasted can continue.

Wasted CLV said:
I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike.

Tell me good sir, where do you want to ride your bicycle?

SinisterMinisterX said:
No no no Wingman, wrong answer. You have to respond in such a way that Wasted can continue.

Tell me good sir, where do you want to ride your bicycle?

I want to ride it where I like!

And now we see the subject's failure of concentration, as he veers off on an unexpected tangent. Who brought up movies?

The correct answer, for a normal person, is "sandwich".

But let's humor Mr. Wasted further, and continue our discussion of fine cinema. Do you like science fiction movies?

Oh, that can't be right. Everyone likes Star Wars. We must get to the bottom of this. The psychoanalysis must continue.

So let's try word association again. Rolls!

Back