Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Wasted CLV said:
Many Italian restaurants run by 'Joe Dude' American.
Pretty much every single American restaurant in the UK will be run by a Brit - but Italian/Greek/Spanish/Indian/etc are almost always run by people of that country.

American* restaurant ?? That made me grin... What could they serve there apart from ribs & French fries ? 
By the way I've never understood why they call them French fries, it's not at all the traditional way to do potatoes in France, NOT AT ALL

* That gave my the idea of an English restaurant  :D

these are some real French fries
MC-BLG_002_Bratkartoffeln_jpg_485x267_crop_q85.jpg

Easy. Paused the audio a few times so it took me 7 and a half minutes, but I recognized most of those within 3 notes at the most.

The toughest one was 2:10-2:20 ... I recognized the band instantly, but it took me around 15 seconds to think of the song.

I've been playing a lot of Sporcle games in the last couple of weeks, actually. This quiz should be easy for everyone here. But this one is much more difficult, especially the second half.

Albie said:
Pretty much every single American restaurant in the UK will be run by a Brit - but Italian/Greek/Spanish/Indian/etc are almost always run by people of that country.

My favourite is a restaurant I used to live near, which was a pizza place, run by Asians, and called Patrick's.

Will-I-Am said:
American* restaurant ?? That made me grin... What could they serve there apart from ribs & French fries ?
I used to work in one - basically, it will be ribs & fries as well as burgers, cajun whatever, Tex-Mex stuff like enchiladas, fajitas, chili-con-carne etc., pizzas and so on.

Albie said:
I used to work in one - basically, it will be ribs & fries as well as burgers, cajun whatever, Tex-Mex stuff like enchiladas, fajitas, chili-con-carne etc., pizzas and so on.

You've worked how many years in those kind of jobs* ??

*In France there is a term that include all jobs relevant to restaurants, bars, hotels etc in the term 'hôtellerie' I don't know if there's any equivalent in English

That's me Loosey  :(

My weekly program:

WE. Spaghetti with tomatoe sauce, garlic, onion & sausage. 2 Mars for dessert.
TH. Spaghetti with yesterday's sauce. Dessert as above.
FR. Ribs with salad. Dessert as above & above.
SA. Soushi (outside) with noodle. No dessert.
SU. Spanish Omelette with yoghurt & ketchup
MO. Ribs with salad of before yesterday. Dessert as #1,2 &3
TU. Soushi (outside) with noodles. No dessert

I'm sick of it :dead:

Back