Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Forostar said:
You're right. But just as an addition: before he conquered it, it was Poland as well, in the time of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (apart from the Habsburg Empire in the 17th Century, see here).

Oh, I never denied that. Poland has had a long and distinguished history before Prussian times. One of my favourite historical characters is Boleslaw III., in fact.*

He came, he brought potatoes, and he left.

He did more than Caesar, then! :D

To be honest, I'm not very familiar with him at all. I have a Polish coin with his portrait, and I just fucking loved the name. If I ever have to christen a ship, it's for him.

Sunday nite in the Midwest!  Survived another weekend.  Kids off to school in them morn, I have two days of class, then get to sit for my final certification exam! 

Wiring in new power outlets and ethernet ports into the house this week.  then i'll be able to re-install the router and be in business!

Well, my guitar is in the shop. Should finish the setup in a few days, but I will only be able to pick it up in a week or so because I have a ton of tests coming up.
I've got the bagrut season blues.

OH, yeah, you have dif work days than most.  of course, I have no work days at the moment.  So, a little over a week, and I'll take my last cert test!

Election day is looming in the UK - it looks like we may not be getting a new Prime Minister after all. "Bigot" gaffe or not.

Albie said:
Election day is looming in the UK - it looks like we may not be getting a new Prime Minister after all. "Bigot" gaffe or not.

I like Brown much more than Blair, thus I'll be happy if he's elected. He's a serious man, I find

Albie said:

You'll be having a hung parliament, mate. Your PM won't change but the way your government works will, especially if they forge a coalition with the Liberal Democrats.

Lars Monsen is known in Norway for his often long wildlife expeditions, of which he has made film which has been broadcast on Norwegian TV.

This has spawned fansites with Lars Monsen facts, much in the vein of Chuck Norris facts and our own Adrian Smith statements - except they all have to do with hunting, fishing and winter  :D

After news reported that Eyjafjallajökull was spreading much less ash than at its worst, someone came up with the following:

"Lars Monsen, currently camping in Iceland, is now finished grilling all the trout he's caught lately"  :D

Oh, man.

This should probably go to Drunk Posting, but it's not, the reason being that I have to stay awake all night because I have to help one of my best mates moving tomorrow at 8 AM. For those of you not living in a proper city (and most of you aren't), it takes me one hour to get to their place by underground. And it's not any less inside the city as my place.

The problem is, tomorrow is 1. May. In Germany it's Labour Day (probably same as all over Europe), and in Berlin in particular that means all the leftists are going to revolt against "authorities" (we haven't had any proper authorities in 60 years, but whatever) and throw rocks and what not. Long story short, it means I'm gonna lock myself up in my place, and hope the bloody self-styled revolutionaries won't pass my streets, and most of all won't encounter any nazis*, so my place isn't going to be burned to the ground by the fascists, anti-fascists, anti-anti-fascists and whatever else is creeping around here. Did I ever mention I reject any -ism available?

Back