Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well, duh. But at least here they employ hawkers, which isn't pleasant at all and rather turns me off than anything else.

Hm, I was thinking more like 'immortal', like Duncan McLeod. 'Undead' makes me think of something that died and came back-->zombies and vampires. 

Perun said:
Well, duh. But at least here they employ hawkers, which isn't pleasant at all and rather turns me off than anything else.
I agree with that. A walk down our high street on any Saturday and someone wants to stop you and ask for money for a charity of some description - by direct debit. Yes it may well be a good cause, but I am not about to give my name and address as well as my bank account details to some stranger - despite their "official" badge. Anyone could set that type of thing up in any high street, if they had the balls.

Forostar said:
Ringing a doorbell is something else isn't it? They already know your address in that case. ;)

Yes, and then they try to get access to your flat ("hey mate, can I have a glass of water?") and talk you down for so long that you just sign something to get rid of them. It's in no way better than what Albie describes.

Wasted CLV said:
Hm, I was thinking more like 'immortal', like Duncan McLeod. 'Undead' makes me think of something that died and came back-->zombies and vampires. 

Good point. Blame my lack of knowledge of terms for the supernatural in the English language.

Perun said:
Yes, and then they try to get access to your flat ("hey mate, can I have a glass of water?") and talk you down for so long that you just sign something to get rid of them. It's in no way better than what Albie describes.

Closest thing I've had to deal with like that are they young Mormon missionary boys.  but not too bad.

Mega said:
They're the "A-little bit dead".

Is that like 'mostly dead'?  (princess bride)

Eddies Wingman said:
Good point. Blame my lack of knowledge of terms for the supernatural in the English language.

Oh, its just terminology... its all good.  Tho, a zombie fairy would be a pretty cool source of adventure!

Back