Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Afghanistan is a global conflict, in that all the continents are represented in the ISAF.

World War II is a global conflict because all the continents had participant nations, and because all but one continent saw some sort of combat. Really, even South America saw combat in limited senses (Rio Plate, for instance).

And nobody is dishonouring anyone. I agree with the statement that Dec. 7th, 1941 is when the war became "truly" global, because it's when the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Holland, and Canada officially went to war in the Pacific/Asia as well as in Europe/Atlantic.

LooseCannon said:
And nobody is dishonouring anyone. I agree with the statement that Dec. 7th, 1941 is when the war became "truly" global, because it's when the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Holland, and Canada officially went to war in the Pacific/Asia as well as in Europe/Atlantic.

And France. Although as always, they did what they could do best: Surrender.  :halo:

Not me, though I should be. 2nd day home sick with a killer cold.

Working outdoors ain't always a walk in the park. All last week was 25 degrees (that's about -4 C for you silly Europeans) with a few new inches of snow every day. It finally caught up to me...

My boss said to me today that I could go home early if I didn't have anything to do. But guess what? I had loads to do and could only leave on time.

That blows. Seems to me like the end of the year is full of disappointments... now I'm becoming sick and it looks like I won't be able to go to an NYE party I had really been looking forward to.

Drag on the ear infection.  and sorry to hear, Per, you are also sick.

Seems to be a forum with a bunch of sicky's, hope i don't get a virus from you guys  ;)

I am totally open on new years for the first time in years, maybe the first time in almost 2 decades.  I don't even know what to do or where to party.

It's getting exciting now. Not long before we see the 2nd Doctor Who - and the end of time. The Time Lords are back, Gallifrey rises and the Master is everyone on the planet. How does the Doctor get out of this one. :D

That does sound good.  I regret that since I dumped my satellite, I haven't gotten to see the Dr.  I think that as the new season starts, I may be able to stream it on Netflix.  However, recently they added the first three seasons of Farscape, so I've been able to get that watched.

It is pretty cool...  IMO, it got progressively better.  First season was kind of random, but it began to build better story arcs and a better corps of bad guys. 

Wasted CLV said:
That does sound good.
It was good. Very emotional at the end as we got to see the Doctor go back to visit some of his old companions before he re-generated.

Hopefully I'll be able to see it soon.  I've mostly made it through season 3 of Farscape.  Season 4 and the series ending mini-series isn't avail for streaming from netflix, so I'll hafta bum it from my brother.  however, I did get Firefly for xmas, so I'll start on that next.

Really?  I haven't watched many episodes, mainly the movie (which I did enjoy).  What is it that you don't like? 

I've never heard of Firefly before. I do tend to get a little annoyed with US TV shows and generally don't watch them when they get shown here. I say annoyed, it's mainly down to the story of the show - for example Lost sounded good initially, but to drag that story on for series after series is a bit much.

Wow, yesterday, the Burj Dubai, the tallest man-made structure ever built, at 818 m (2,684 ft) was officially opened.

400px-Burj_Dubai-Dubai3214.JPG

800px-BurjDubaidawn.JPG

Back