Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Wasted CLV said:
If 40 is the new 30, then tuesday is the new sunday.... except that there is no American Football.  However, it is alike in that Wasted does not have to work.

Handegg.  It's called handegg.  And there is hockey tonight.

Ok, so i'm gonna rant about a cluster fuck for a moment.  The guy i am working for is buying the business from the guy that hired me.  pretty simple.  It requires getting approval from 4 different manufacturers, which takes up to 6 months.  So, when the new boss started at the shop, Oct of 08, he talked about filling out the dealer applications.  It took him until June to get the last one submitted.  The dealerships are all approved now, waiting for about 30 days to get our dealer number, then State dealer license.  Funny twist of dealer law states that two dealerships can't run at the same address, so he can't get his own dealer license until all the mfg's have given us our dealer numbers-- so we are operating under the original dealer number.  interestingly enough, no one seemed to pay attention, because the original dealer license expired in Sept.  As of now, for probably 2 months into the future, we can't sell anything.

Wasted CLV said:
Ok, so i'm gonna rant about a cluster fuck for a moment.  The guy i am working for is buying the business from the guy that hired me.  pretty simple.  It requires getting approval from 4 different manufacturers, which takes up to 6 months.  So, when the new boss started at the shop, Oct of 08, he talked about filling out the dealer applications.  It took him until June to get the last one submitted.  The dealerships are all approved now, waiting for about 30 days to get our dealer number, then State dealer license.  Funny twist of dealer law states that two dealerships can't run at the same address, so he can't get his own dealer license until all the mfg's have given us our dealer numbers-- so we are operating under the original dealer number.  interestingly enough, no one seemed to pay attention, because the original dealer license expired in Sept.  As of now, for probably 2 months into the future, we can't sell anything.

That is a cluster fuck and it hurts my head trying to take it all in.
So are you actually going to idle for two months?

Well, once all the fireworks have subsided, we are not 'closing doors.'  What we will do is keep service and sales open, and have a dealer license for all the used units we have-- which should take around 2 weeks.  As the mfg's get us our dealer numbers, we can add them to the license.  So, likely we will have one mfg in a week or so, a second within 3 weeks, the third by months end... the last one could take up to 60 days... but we will stay open to sell what we can. 

Well, lets use this for an example.  If a person wanted to buy a functioning auto dealership, they may have many diff mfg's there.  For instance:  Ford, Kia, Toyota, and Mazda.  So, to purchase this dealership, each of the mfg's has to 'sign off' or approve of the new buyer-- they are pretty strict, because they don't want someone in there that will give their name a bad name.  So, they weed through anyone with a criminal record, bankruptcy's or the like.  Then, each mfg works with its own time schedule; some are faster than others, athen the approval, and subsequent dealer number, trickles in at different times. 

So is it only going to be a temporary, let's say, annoyance there, Wasted? Or is the shop in serious danger?

New Perunology.

Its only temporary-- not at a good time, but definately something that can be overcome.  More frustration and the way things were handled.  But, after this, I'd say its only up hill from here.

I feel with you. I'm pretty frustrated myself recently, albeit for different reasons. My best tip would be to listen to some Children of Bodom and Slayer. Might not exactly lift your mood, but it will kill some anger. ;)

Wasted CLV said:
Well, lets use this for an example.  If a person wanted to buy a functioning auto dealership, they may have many diff mfg's there.  For instance:  Ford, Kia, Toyota, and Mazda.  So, to purchase this dealership, each of the mfg's has to 'sign off' or approve of the new buyer-- they are pretty strict, because they don't want someone in there that will give their name a bad name.  So, they weed through anyone with a criminal record, bankruptcy's or the like.  Then, each mfg works with its own time schedule; some are faster than others, athen the approval, and subsequent dealer number, trickles in at different times. 

Thanks.  That makes perfect sense.

Perun said:
I feel with you. I'm pretty frustrated myself recently, albeit for different reasons. My best tip would be to listen to some Children of Bodom and Slayer. Might not exactly lift your mood, but it will kill some anger. ;)

I'll do that-- and I'm in the mood for some Annihilator (sp?) as well.

LooseCannon said:
I made a new post on my blog too.

Good, something to read!!

Genghis Khan said:
Thanks.  That makes perfect sense.

You are welcome-- glad it made sense... some of my explainations don't -- or my kids at least say that.  ;)

Wasted CLV said:
You are welcome-- glad it made sense... some of my explainations don't -- or my kids at least say that.  ;)

:D

Tell your kids "you'll understand when you get to be my age", that's what my folks always said.  :D

Ha!  I tell them that a lot (remembering it myself).  They just roll their eyes at me, and sigh loudly. 

Back