Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

LooseCannon said:
Does it include me?

Of course not. You're a bloody Canuck!

Martin Luther is an obvious candidate. But there are others, some of whom are not so obvious. I'm going to toss those in at random, not in chronological order.

I would pick Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector of England, Puritan, Born in 1599, Died in 1658, September.  Was at first, only, MP for Huntingdon, but then he led the Ironside Cavalry at Marston Moor, in 1644, and won, and then he founded the New Model Army, and praise be, beat the Cavaliers at Naseby, and the King fled up north, like a bat, to the Scots!

Perun said:
I found that having "key dates" of European history isn't enough. I was thinking about launching a second series, "key people" of European history. Any thoughts?

thoughts as in 'Do you think this is a good idea?', or "any suggestions?", or "What types of people do you want to hear about: artists, political, theological, military?"

Perun said:
Martin Luther is an obvious candidate. But there are others, some of whom are not so obvious. I'm going to toss those in at random, not in chronological order.

Hmmm let me think.... What about the unknown woman that mistakenly killed Pyrrhus (of Epirus) in Argos ??
Or even Pyrrhus himself... Not so obvious I think...

Wasted CLV said:
thoughts as in 'Do you think this is a good idea?', or "any suggestions?", or "What types of people do you want to hear about: artists, political, theological, military?"

All of the above.

I don't think Pyrrhus is a person of particular historic significance. I have some individuals in mind, and I'm guessing most of you won't have heard of the first one I'm going to write about.

LooseCannon said:
Constantine I, Prune.

Who's this, the great?? If yes, too obvious
Spartacus, Moise Maimonides, Ivan the Terrible, Lazarus of Serbia, 'queen' Margot, here are some not so obvious ones 

Uh, I wasn't going to start a game "guess who I'm going to post about".

I can barely move an inch (2.5 cm to you mainland Euros :P) in my house as we have the plasterers in.

Albie said:
I can barely move an inch (2.5 cm to you mainland Euros :P) in my house as we have the plasterers in.

Counties that use imperial measures...

800px-Metric_system.png

I am bored, hungry and tired.  I am thinking that chinese sounds good for lunch.....or mexican.  Or, Italian.  hm... just about anything sounds good.

Oh, and here I thought I was being open minded for treating them all the same.  :blink:

anyway, I had the pizza buffett.

Back