Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

MisterAJ said:
Counties that use imperial measures...

800px-Metric_system.png

Canadians still use imperial measures for all construction and home decorating purposes.  Working with fractions allows versatility.

GK, the only reason we still use imperial measures is because those guys down below us do, and our change is still only about 1.5 generations in.  I'm more comfortable with cms than I am with inches.

Wasted CLV said:
Hm, Per, dunno if that sounds good.  But a pepperoni and cheese tray does.

It is actually delicious. It's an ordinary Schnitzel, but covered in a great, "Gypsy" sauce.

That one is about 60 years old, and one of the lamest nazi-type jokes there is.

Must be something about the German perspective... LC's post did not make me think of nazis. It was merely oddball humor, until you FINALLY GODWINNED THE 100K THREAD! :P

Perun said:
That one is about 60 years old, and one of the lamest nazi-type jokes there is.

No, I was talking about racist cannibalism, not naziism.  If you look earlier, I accused Wasted of eating Chinese, Mexican, etc.

LooseCannon said:
No, I was talking about racist cannibalism, not naziism.  If you look earlier, I accused Wasted of eating Chinese, Mexican, etc.

I know, I just wanted to point out you weren't the first one to come up with this. ;)

SinisterMinisterX said:
Must be something about the German perspective... LC's post did not make me think of nazis. It was merely oddball humor, until you FINALLY GODWINNED THE 100K THREAD! :P

Somebody had to do it. Plus, a Kraut can and will Godwin anything.

LooseCannon said:
GK, the only reason we still use imperial measures is because those guys down below us do, and our change is still only about 1.5 generations in.  I'm more comfortable with cms than I am with inches.

I have friends in construction who have a different perspective, but I'll ask more slyly next time, to get a more in-depth answer from them.  I just got to make sure that this 100,000 thread vow remains in my head and is taken very seriously.  Shouldn't be too hard.  :D

Yep, construction is a naturally conservative job that doesn't change easily.  I dunno, I don't think 8 3/4th is any more or less precise than 16.7 cms.

Yep.  $25 in cash, 2 checks.... maybe 5 credit card transactions.  The day would have been a total waste had we not received a check from an insurance company to fix a crashed bike.

If 40 is the new 30, then tuesday is the new sunday.... except that there is no American Football.  However, it is alike in that Wasted does not have to work.

Back