Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I post, cause it's sunday afternoon, and I haven't done much of anything....
LooseCannon said:
Wasted, why aren't you on your Mac?  Fuck man, you need to hear this Alestorm album.

LC, were you talking about "Captain Morgan's REvenge?" or "Black Sails..."?

Me and a buddy yesterday...

Last night was what is call "Jonsok"... or "Sankt Hans aften"...

It's actually a old pagan tradition, in celebration of midsummer nights eve...

It was marked on what, in Scandinavia, was called a "Primstav"...

Primstav.jpg

The modern, religious connection (caused by the force-christening of Norway) is in celebration of John the baptist...

The Christian connection is not very visible, however, the pagan tradition of lighting a bonfire is still living on...

Anyways, this is the view from where we was sitting:

Foto011.jpg

And the other way:

Foto012.jpg

On our way back to the car, we saw some other people out for a bit of summer grilling...

Foto016.jpg

And now, from some other post, made by some other guy, in some other forum:

58904078.jpg

I've found a page that discusses how to install iTunes on Ubuntu...so, I'm gonna spend the spare time that I have today reading up on that...

GREAT PICTURES, Mister  :ok:

Norway is one of my dream countries -but apparently ridiculously expensive to be seriously dreamt of  :(

Wasted CLV said:
I've found a page that discusses how to install iTunes on Ubuntu...so, I'm gonna spend the spare time that I have today reading up on that...
I think I read some stuff about that - but it only works with older versions of iTunes. From what I remember, at least.

Wasted CLV said:
The only thing that seems to work with the latest gen iPhones and iPods is using a XP Virtualbox inside of Linux--
I have used a WinXP VirtualBox inside Ubuntu but had a few issues getting the shared folders and USB ports working on it. If I could sus that, I would wipe my WinXP partition and use just the WinXP VirtualBox when needed (I still need WinXP to talk to my Topfield PVR - that, ironically, has a Unix based OS).

Ok, see-- I understood about half of that-- which is 50% more than a few months back!  ..that is why i'm gonna take some classes to understand all of that.  But I get the idea, if the Virtualbox worked 100%, you could get rid of windows completely, and 100% of the HD would be used by Ubuntu, instead of partitioning off part of it for XP, right?

I've been using Crossover on my buddy's Mac to get some applications going there.  I think there is a version for Linux too.

Yeah, I read a little blurb about that.  He was allegedly hiking in the mountains, but in reality, he was in South America, having an affair...or something to that affect.

What a cunt.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to make up Iran-related puns, but it's not working well.

It's not a very good subject for puns anyway. I got one first-rate one for Ayatollah, a second-rate one for Tehran and some third-class ones for Hamadan and Omar Khayyam. All in German, though.

Back