Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Then go and eat!!  I just picked up a few tacos from Taco Albie's.... erm, I mean Taco John's.  Yummy!!!!

Wasted, she's at work.  And I just ate real Quebecois poutine.  It's...not bad, but I prefer donair poutine.

Drag on that, you need to go to the pub to drink and play pool til she gets back.

What, exactly, is poutine?

Wasted CLV said:
What, exactly, is poutine?

poutine.jpg

poutine.jpg

Quetzalcoatlus said:
In French is Poutine, and in Russian Пу́тин.... I think the tone above the 'y' gives a sound closer to 'ou' that to 'u'

Yeah, but English loses all the unnecessary letters. ;)

Pineapple Hunter said:
Whatever it is... it looks tasty! :p

Is that your taste in men? Ah well, the power, I guess...

Pineapple Hunter said:
Although, you know me and my thing for Moai statues and southern German boys. :p

Ah, what a shame that I'm in eastern Germany now...  ::)

Perun said:
Yeah, but English loses all the unnecessary letters. ;)

That's why I trust more French ascription....... In German is Putin...  What is the sound of 'u' in Deutsch ?? 'ou', right ?

Perun said:
Is that your taste in men? Ah well, the power, I guess...

A lot of women they like him...... Is not the power; is the absolute power  :bigsmile:

Quetzalcoatlus said:
That's why I trust more French ascription....... In German is Putin...  What is the sound of 'u' in Deutsch ?? 'ou', right ?

Whatever "ou" is... the proper English transliteration for that sound is "oo", like in "shoot".

I was correct !!
Not a surprise : French and German are the most correct European languages this time, by the means
that purists still can find some ground on them

An example : Take a look to Les Liaisons Dangereuses : it's written more than 200 years ago, and yet
the language is practically the same -I certainly admire that

Pineapple Hunter said:
That poutine looks seriously good. :)

I just cooked, btw. Chicken pasta bake. Yum.

You cook as well -what a good girl  :)

Back